• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Anyone use XOP Standoffs(Update)

tracker12

I starting to build some 20" sticks and looking for standoff options without breaking the bank. XOP has a set of 2 for $15. Unfortunately there is no specs on them. Not sure of there material or weight.

I use them on my diy sticks. I had some of the older XOP sticks with the folding step. When I built my sticks it is the only part I took from an off the shelf stick. They work pretty well. They are cast aluminum. It's not the best casting and has a sandcast finish. I had to clean up the surfaces where the bolt hole is to get the head of my bolt to seat properly. That being said they are very sturdy and I don't worry about them failing. I don't know the dimensions offhand but I like the standoff distance from the tree. I do know they are designed for 1" sticks. They bite into the tree well. Let me know if you have any more specific questions and I should be able to help!

Thats great info. Thanks. I was wondering if they were cast. Figured they might be considering the cost XOP is selling them for.

I haven't used them but i've seen post of people comparing them to EWO. I believe they stand off the tree just as far and all that i've seen they bite well. I'm going to pick up a couple sets of them to try out.

Well I ordered 4 sets for a new build. Spend over $50 and get free shipping. Can't beat that. If these work out they will be a great deal for sure. I did receive and email from XOP snd he said they were 6061 T6 and 6 oz

Standoffs came in today. First off they do appear to be cast. They weight in at 5.87 oz which is not bad. Standoff Height is 3 1/2". Problem is the hole/bolt size is 5/16 which would require me to drill all new hole in sticks and steps. Giving thought on returning them. I did contact XOP and they said if I am not 100% satisfied I can return them. . There website says there is a $50 restocking fee but when I contacted them they said I would receive a full refund. Impressed how quick they responded.

Last edited:
Standoffs came in today. First off they do not appear to be machined but rather cast. So are they 6061 T6 not sure. They weight in at just under 6 oz which is not bad. Standoff Height is 3 1/2". Problem is the hole/bolt size is 5/16 which would require me to drill all new hole in sticks and steps. Going to try to return them but when I checked they show only return is for effective item. Otherwise $50 restocking fee.
For that price I’d drill new holes

Problem for me is that I wanted to use them with the LW sticks. There steps do not have enough metal on the step to expand to 5/16. If you are using replacement EWO or beast these would work great.

Back