• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

APA Archery

RMcDonald7

SH Member
Went to an outdoors expo this past weekend and ran into a dealer for APA Archery. This bow was pretty awesome! Being a Canadian based company the rep explained it to me that a lot of parts are made in USA, assembled in Canada. This bow had a ton of cool features and one I might be looking into. Plus the rep that showed me was from Southern WV in a Bow only county and promised to take me on a guided hunt if I purchased a bow from him! :tearsofjoy:
Anyone have any experience with these? apa.pngn

Went to an outdoors expo this past weekend and ran into a dealer for APA Archery. This bow was pretty awesome! Being a Canadian based company the rep explained it to me that a lot of parts are made in USA, assembled in Canada. This bow had a ton of cool features and one I might be looking into. Plus the rep that showed me was from Southern WV in a Bow only county and promised to take me on a guided hunt if I purchased a bow from him! :tearsofjoy:
Anyone have any experience with these? View attachment 82430n
Wow, beside the Mathews Safari, that is one of the most unique looking bow I have ever seen. Look like something a Klingon would use!

I have a black mamba MT 33. I absolutely love that bow. Yoke tuning is done with no tools or press. Change strings and cables with no press. Advance or retard timing with the turn of a thumb screw. My favorite feature of all is the fang to hang the bow. I have a paracord loop drooping from my gear hanger and I just hook the fang on it.

I have a black mamba MT 33. I absolutely love that bow. Yoke tuning is done with no tools or press. Change strings and cables with no press. Advance or retard timing with the turn of a thumb screw. My favorite feature of all is the fang to hang the bow. I have a paracord loop drooping from my gear hanger and I just hook the fang on it.
He had a Cobra and Mamba 33 on site and I fell in love with this thing on the spot. Felt great in my hand... I wanted to SHOOT it, but no range on site. Its a 3hr drive to give it a test drive so I may make that happen soon.

I just picked up the Bear THP last year and may be moving it soon.

Some very cool features. I’m not sure on the riser design. It doesn’t seem like it would be very strong.

What's a riser fang? #5 (other than something ornamental)

When I see all those types of things built in I start to worry that it started to seem gimmicky, and there's usually a reason gimmicks are added, generally to make up for lack of quality. I'd like to see the price point drop and the gimmicks removed if the quality is there/stands alone. But that's just an ignorant opinion from someone that's never held/shot one of those bows.

The rep said the Riser Fang was the best feature on this bow. Ability to hang your bow on any branch. Youtube has quite a few reviews and it looks like a shooter.

Ah that makes sense, well if it's functional then negative opinion retracted... Somewhat lol

That is a very well-thought-out, full-featured bow. It's got a lot of bells and whistles, but, aside from maybe the knife sharpener, nothing that seems like a waste of effort.

I'm interested for sure. Hope to make a decision in the following months.

What, no bottle opener? I'm out.
I bet you could use the knife sharpener carbides to flip the cap off. If you don't have a bottle opener on your keychain, and don't know how to use your belt buckle or lighter to pop off bottle caps.

I think this is a very highly regarded bow by many. I've read reviews on them. For awhile their King Cobra was one of the fastest bows on the market. I think the bridge design of the handle riser around the grip is very sturdy looking but I agree somewhat with @Wirrex , the rest of the riser, at least from that picture doesn't look as strong as ones in the past they've made. But again, I've never shot one or even handled one but I have looked into them to some extent.

I can’t believe I forgot to mention how awesome the handle is! Back to the fang, it is so much easier to get off the bow hanger because you’re not trying to fiddle it out off the hanger. Just lift it and it’s off. I don’t use the broadhead wrench cause I know my fingers don’t dull the blades. I don’t use the knife sharpener either, but I have used the nock tool on stubborn nocks. There is also a knob in the center of the limb to attach a limb driven rest cord to so it’s not torquing the limb when it violently yanks it down.
For those who doubt this is a good bow… I bought an elite Enkore when it first came out because it was highly regarded as one of the most tunable bows. I got my APA used about 6 months later. I haven’t shot the Elite since. The draw cycle is similar but the grip on the APA is far superior. Another thing no one has mentioned is the soft touch finish on the entire bow. It’s basically rubberized. Very durable finish. I’m rough on my bow when hunting and it’s not chipping, fading, cracking, or anything. It’s less slick when sweating in early season. It’s slightly less cold in late season and it’s a little less clanky if it hits metal.
I can’t believe this in not in the top 10 or better bows out there. People are afraid to buy something that’s not a familiar name that’s been around for 40 years. The price is high but what flagship bow can you get for less than $1200. Mathews sells tons of bows and they are a G more! If you doubt how easy this bow is to tune “at home” check out the videos on APA’s website. I have a gen 1 but the gen 2 even has a tool to align the center shot. How well made is it? I Don’t know but I shoot so much that I have to buy a new string set every year. I can’t say enough about this bow. I keep telling myself I have to blow the dust off the elite but I always grab the APA and go.

Last edited:
This bowl company has been on my radar for quite a while. The ability to adjust almost everything without a bow press looks to be quite the advantage. Plus with all the tools now to set up your center shut it looks like it is pretty easy also. No archery shop around my area that I even halfway trust, so being able to work on it myself would be fantastic. Now to shoot one because there is also no dealers in my area.

Although that bow winch looks interesting, I don't think I would use it.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back