• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Arborists Saddle for 50 bucks

Hip crusher, probably why they’re so cheap!

Have you sat in one or just going off of the design? I almost bought one just now (because of price) but can't justify it. My Cruzr XC is working too well.

Going off design, butt strap with leg straps put all the pressure on the hips. It would be a great price if it had leg loops. Still a hip crusher, but the pads could be used to make a rope conversion with bridge.
C41E818E-7BE7-4FDE-8CA4-D0105C57238B.jpeg

It would be a great price if it had leg loops. Still a hip crusher, but the pads could be used to make a rope conversion with bridge.

Good idea for a use for it. Like an MCRS variation. Never though about it but I have a couple old saddles I could experiment with too

I bought that one last year, pretty good saddle for hanging stands and such
haven't tried it as a sit for a long time saddle, could work

How would you attach to the d-rings and keep them quiet? I have been pondering switching to a saddle, but have not made the jump due to cost

How would you attach to the d-rings and keep them quiet? I have been pondering switching to a saddle, but have not made the jump due to cost
I intend to wrap them in camoform tape or the self adhesive tape from wallgreens that is sold for holding on bandages and splints.

Sent from my SM-A516V using Tapatalk

Anyone able to hazard an opinion if this saddle would be a good choice for a low cost low risk dry run to see of saddle hunting is for them?
I'm not going to buy as $72 is a bit much for a likely limited use purchase as I am going to be buying a purpose designed for hunting saddle in the very near future.
I have been in contact with TX5 saddles and was told wait 10 days and then contact to place my order, then likely looking at a month or more wait and that's ok as best hunting is now past at least for me. I will do my absolute best to try to use for a late season bow or ML hunt but that will depend on my learning curve mastering using it once I get it.

Back