• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Archerytargets.com feedback

Horn

SH Member
I'm in the market for a much bigger target, but naturally don't want to break the bank if I don't have too. Generally would like bigger, but I'm starting to practice farther out and think it'd really help and might be nicer than just a back stop

Did a little Google shopping and came across this one

Curious if any one has experience with these or thier other targets? Especially how they hold up outdoors. I'm in MI so we get pretty much every type of weather given enough time

I have no experience with the one you mention but I do like my bulldog targets when you catch them on sale (not for broadheads)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a Beast 20 from them and was not impressed, https://www.archerytargets.com/the-beast-20.

It looks like the target you linked has the same guts and presumably a similar exterior. I took care to bring keep my target out of the weather when not in use but it quickly began to suffer separating seams on the facing. The facing is basically like vinyl banner material. It has a fabric weave in it and does not "heal" at all as you break the fabric strands by shooting it. The seams were either glued or thermally bonded, I couldn't really tell. The DynaFoam as they call it is chunks of scrap foam that have been compressed. As the seams fail, the block will begin to fall apart. I ended up ratchet strapping mine to hold it together until I got a new target.

I did shoot mine with broadheads sparingly. I think it would have still suffered the same fate even with field points. As a positive, it did stop everything I shot at it and arrows were always easy to remove. It just needed to be more durable.

I had a Beast 20 from them and was not impressed, https://www.archerytargets.com/the-beast-20.

It looks like the target you linked has the same guts and presumably a similar exterior. I took care to bring keep my target out of the weather when not in use but it quickly began to suffer separating seams on the facing. The facing is basically like vinyl banner material. It has a fabric weave in it and does not "heal" at all as you break the fabric strands by shooting it. The seams were either glued or thermally bonded, I couldn't really tell. The DynaFoam as they call it is chunks of scrap foam that have been compressed. As the seams fail, the block will begin to fall apart. I ended up ratchet strapping mine to hold it together until I got a new target.

I did shoot mine with broadheads sparingly. I think it would have still suffered the same fate even with field points. As a positive, it did stop everything I shot at it and arrows were always easy to remove. It just needed to be more durable.
Thanks for your review, It sounds like I'll steer clear of those! I'm looking for something I can abuse and leave outside and pretty much be done buying targets.

@Gator do you have a blank face or one with dots? I'm kind of leaning towards the double dog but I would like aim points of some sort. Do you think scary paint would work ok?

This was mostly bad luck. Have 4 or 5 different arrows in my quiver, for testing. 2 different arrows from two different distances and two different directions. Getting expensive :sweatsmile: no wonder I only put one of the new dozen in and shoot it last!

20230314_185347.jpg

Thanks for your review, It sounds like I'll steer clear of those! I'm looking for something I can abuse and leave outside and pretty much be done buying targets.

@Gator do you have a blank face or one with dots? I'm kind of leaning towards the double dog but I would like aim points of some sort. Do you think scary paint would work ok?
I actually have both. I got the blank face first since back then they didn't offer the size I was looking for with aim points. I hang target faces on that one. Since I have bought one with 9 dots which I like since I will aim at a different dot each shot.

Back