• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

arctic shield boot blankets and slippaz on camofire

raisins

SH Member
I bought an extra pair of boot blankets because the whole supply chain thing has me worried I'll never be able to buy some items again!

Just a heads up in case someone else wants a pair. I called Arctic Shield about sizing for the Slippaz. I read the camofire description, maybe too fast, and it made it seem like it was new and improved boot blankets (and maybe I'd order those instead). It turns out they are a grippy slipper that goes over your socks for camp, ice fishing, or if you can make them work in a stand with your boots off.

Thanks. Curious people's opinion on these. Do they really help keep feet warm cause mine are always cold come november and december with 800 gm thinsulate boots, quality socks--I've tried toe warmers, neoprene toe sleeves and electric socks to little improvement. I'm tempted to try 'em, but would appreciate someone groundtruthing how well they work.

My concern with these have always been that I'd buy em, use em once and then nada. Either that or pack em with me every time out and not use thereby taking up pack space.

Thanks. Curious people's opinion on these. Do they really help keep feet warm cause mine are always cold come november and december with 800 gm thinsulate boots, quality socks--I've tried toe warmers, neoprene toe sleeves and electric socks to little improvement. I'm tempted to try 'em, but would appreciate someone groundtruthing how well they work.

I also suffer from cold feet after sitting for a while. Best thing I did was to get alpaca socks. The boot blankets with a heater in it will get me down into the 20s. If it is going to be colder or if I am planning a long sit, then the only thing that I have found to work for me is Wiggy's mukluks (or pick whatever brand/mil surplus).

They really shine with a Hot Hands Super Warmer in them. They provide a windproof area with some air flow in for the reaction for those warmers to really pump out heat. It is best to sew a mesh pouch (or something else that allows air to the warmer) to keep the warmer near the toe where you get coldest.

With these and 400 gram boots, I've never been cold, including a few hunts each year in single digits for up to 8 hours without moving in a tree.

My concern with these have always been that I'd buy em, use em once and then nada. Either that or pack em with me every time out and not use thereby taking up pack space.

If you have cold feet and give them a fair shake, then you'd probably use them.

I roll one up and stick it inside the other and then strap them to the outside of my pack.

The trick is to put them on before your feet get cold, sew a pouch in to hold the warmers, and use Hot Hands Super Warmers in them.

Last edited:
Same. I love them. I pack em for elk too so I can underboot and stay warm evening or mornings on stand when temps are low.

Back