• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Arrow fletching jig?

Procat

Wondering if the Bitzenburger jig is worth the premium over options from Bohning and the Arizona EZ jig. This winters project is going to be a heavy arrow build and unfortunately my local bow shop just closed permanently so I lost the local source for getting shafts cut and fletched. I’m not too worried about cutting shafts since most vendors will cut to length but it looks like I’m going to have to start installing my own vanes.

Wondering if the Bitzenburger jig is worth the premium over options from Bohning and the Arizona EZ jig. This winters project is going to be a heavy arrow build and unfortunately my local bow shop just closed permanently so I lost the local source for getting shafts cut and fletched. I’m not too worried about cutting shafts since most vendors will cut to length but it looks like I’m going to have to start installing my own vanes.
Yes definitely worth it

I've used the bitz for the last 10 years. It is my favorite to use. I've tried a few from friends but I always go back to this one. To me it feels solid and is always consistent.

I used one for years but now I use an Aero jig- expensive but an incredible piece of equipment.

Bitz in the gold standard and I’ve tried them all at some point or another. ...get the zenith upgrade kit if you with the bitz.

Never heard of the aero jig, but my friend Google helped. Jeez that thing is over the top.

Yeah Dorge of Firenock is a super smart guy with so many patents it isn't funny. I love Aerovane II's and nothing fletched these as precisely as this jig. I also fabricated a jig to determine the stiff side of my arrows and it has made my arrows so much more consistent ( thanks to Jerry at South Shore Archery - a fletching/arrow guru).

x2 on the zenith upgrade. Really helps you get things exact.

I struggle with my bitz. I got a Arizona ez fletch helical and really like it. I’m still trying the bitz to see what the hype is all about but it’s a pain in the butt for me so far.

I struggle with my bitz. I got a Arizona ez fletch helical and really like it. I’m still trying the bitz to see what the hype is all about but it’s a pain in the butt for me so far.
Might gotta try that ez fletch, I've never used one. How does it do with small diameter arrows?

I have a bitz that I got used, with 2 clamps, for 50 bucks shipped. Never used any other jig but I have no complaints about this one.

What makes the fetching stick better with this one?
Because I’m not very good with a bitz. I always have a small section that doesn’t stick. With the ez fletch it’s quicker and easier. The ez fletch is dummy proof basically. The bitz offers more customizable options but also is harder to master. For me anyway.

Because I’m not very good with a bitz. I always have a small section that doesn’t stick. With the ez fletch it’s quicker and easier. The ez fletch is dummy proof basically. The bitz offers more customizable options but also is harder to master. For me anyway.

Gotcha. I've used one similar to the Arizona ez fletch, can't think of the name of it, and thought i missed something.

I agree the bitz has learning curve.

Back