• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

ASAT Camo

Shakeandbake

Why does this pattern seem to go away with every company that uses it? I talked to a guy from first lite and they said the sales were not that good but there are first lite Asat hats going for $100 on eBay. I have some of the Asat owners brand clothes but it’s not first lite. Glad I got my Asat flex before it went away...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I don't understand. I have one of those leafy asat cover suits that go over you clothes. When I wear it, I've had birds and squirrels come right up to me and not even notice me.

I would be jacked if sitka would pick up this pattern.
Quality of products topped with probably the most effective camo out there. But doubt they will, doesn’t pass the human eye test
That’s right, the human eye test is the most important for makin money. That’s why there’s so many neon green mossy oak blobs in the woods every year.

I have the dayone predator fall gray back pack. Under a black light the threads glow. UV, no good.

I have been pondering buying their cowboy suede bib and parka in either ASAT or predator gray. But, in addition to possibly glowing thread, what holds me back is earlier research points to a not quite so good sewing job and that they were heavy.

I’d love to see some feedback on recent purchases of their clothes.

Pics of pack under black light. Light is visible in bottom left. Orange is other material. The rest of the glow is the threads on the dayone pack.

447a0d60dfcdcab14955f1821b2f85ef.jpg

I have the dayone predator fall gray back pack. Under a black light the threads glow. UV, no good.

I have been pondering buying their cowboy suede bib and parka in either ASAT or predator gray. But, in addition to possibly glowing thread, what holds me back is earlier research points to a not quite so good sewing job and that they were heavy.

I’d love to see some feedback on recent purchases of their clothes.

Pics of pack under black light. Light is visible in bottom left. Orange is other material. The rest of the glow is the threads on the dayone pack.

447a0d60dfcdcab14955f1821b2f85ef.jpg

I have read they see uv light but it may not be to the spectrum of a black light in the dark. Just rub it in the dirt, that should knock it down some haha

I have read they see uv light but it may not be to the spectrum of a black light in the dark. Just rub it in the dirt, that should knock it down some haha

Rub it in the dirt after spending boku $ on hunting clothes. I’ve been known to do sillier things.

I’d rather have the assurance that non UV brightened threads are being used.

Under a black light the threads glow. UV, no good.

You should send these pics and comments to dayone. I mean this is their livelihood. I feel like it would be in their best interest to have all of the information and be given the ability to improve their products.

I know it doesn't get you a new pack, but they might change their ways.

You should send these pics and comments to dayone. I mean this is their livelihood. I feel like it would be in their best interest to have all of the information and be given the ability to improve their products.

I know it doesn't get you a new pack, but they might change their ways.

Email with pic sent to Gary (as a response to his email with order details). We’ll see what the response is.

Here is a picture from 2019 season of me wearing some DayOne Camo ASAT fleece that I bought in 1997 and have been using every season since then. The stitching doesn’t look great, but the clothes have held up to 22 seasons in the woods. I have been completely satisfied.
9af82065c44a034dccfe86961780e846.png

I like that fleece, I think I’ll have to order one

The ASAT pattern has to be licensed from ASAT Outdoors. Since First lite has fusion and cipher, and ASAT sales were lagging, I can understand how they would drop the pattern.

ASAT outdoors also also chose not to renew licensing deals from competitors when they started to produce their own ASAT pattern clothing and products.

The ASAT pattern has to be licensed from ASAT Outdoors. Since First lite has fusion and cipher, and ASAT sales were lagging, I can understand how they would drop the pattern.

ASAT outdoors also also chose not to renew licensing deals from competitors when they started to produce their own ASAT pattern clothing and products.

Dayonecamoflauge still sells ASAT. Maybe they got a pass on this one. ???

The stitching doesn’t look great, but the clothes have held up to 22 seasons in the woods.
Congrats on still wearing the same size clothes 22 years later.

This reminds me of a story with my grandpa. It was 2015 or so and we were looking at old photo albums. I don’t remember the exact year, but there is grandpa in a picture from the early 70s. He walks in the room wearing the exact same shirt. It was awesome lol.

Back