• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Ascend H-10 Kayak reviews?

KYHunter

I’m looking at getting an ascend H-10 hybrid canoe/kayak and would love some reviews from anyone here that owns one or has used one in the past.

I already have a 14’ square stern canoe that I use for the family but am wanting something smaller than that for personal use.
It will primarily be a fishing kayak but would also get used duck hunting, deer hunting and possibly even a float trip or two.

Looking for some input before pulling the trigger.

TIA!

No personal experience, but just watched a video and it looks pretty slick. Been in the market for a kayak or canoe, and this looks like a perfect mid-range option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No personal experience, but just watched a video and it looks pretty slick. Been in the market for a kayak or canoe, and this looks like a perfect mid-range option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree, hard to find them in stock right now tho

I wouldn’t get the 10 it’s to short and leads to bad tracking . 12 foot minimum for me, they track way better as far as quality it’s pretty good just don’t store it in the open sun . Another reason for the 12 vs the 10 is the weight capacity every pound available counts when using it for camping or hauling deer. If you insist on a sit inside kayak I would recommend a hand bilge pump to carry in the kayak . Also practice re-entry just in case you roll it while I’m the water , you will know what to expect. Wear that PFD every year we lose people to drowning while kayaking most with out a PFD .

I’m looking at getting an ascend H-10 hybrid canoe/kayak and would love some reviews from anyone here that owns one or has used one in the past.

I already have a 14’ square stern canoe that I use for the family but am wanting something smaller than that for personal use.
It will primarily be a fishing kayak but would also get used duck hunting, deer hunting and possibly even a float trip or two.

Looking for some input before pulling the trigger.

TIA!

I have the 12 foot ascend, but it is a sit in kayak. I have enjoyed it even though it is a bit bulky to load/unload myself. I can fit my hunting gear and a deer inside without a problem. I can also fit both my kids, ages 8 and 6 at the same time as well, which has made for some fun fishing adventures.

Let me know if you have any specific questions.

I have the 12 foot ascend, but it is a sit in kayak. I have enjoyed it even though it is a bit bulky to load/unload myself. I can fit my hunting gear and a deer inside without a problem. I can also fit both my kids, ages 8 and 6 at the same time as well, which has made for some fun fishing adventures.

Let me know if you have any specific questions.

Good to know.

I have a Old Town Vapor Angler right now but have been eyeing the nucanoe frontier 12(too rich for my blood). Realistically I've been debating back and forth between the H12 and the 12T. I love the idea of the Hybrid and think it looks pretty slick.

Thing looks like a tank and I see a lot of guys running trolling motors, does it paddle ok? Everyone seems to say it tracks well, but they don't mention much on paddling.

Good to know.

I have a Old Town Vapor Angler right now but have been eyeing the nucanoe frontier 12(too rich for my blood). Realistically I've been debating back and forth between the H12 and the 12T. I love the idea of the Hybrid and think it looks pretty slick.

Thing looks like a tank and I see a lot of guys running trolling motors, does it paddle ok? Everyone seems to say it tracks well, but they don't mention much on paddling.

Ya, it paddles well. Its not as maneuverable as a smaller kayak but it has worked well for me with a good bit of weight in it.

Back