• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Athens, Al

Idk what can you tell me about it? We are going to look at a couple of houses Saturday. We want to live in Guntersville but If we move to Athens I can keep my job for a few more years. Then finish the move. Who knows by then it may be even farther south.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ahh heck yeah. Tell
Me about it guys? What’s the preferred high school or is there only one? We are wanting to be close to water is there a area we should look for?

The housing market in Athens is very Hot right now with the Toyota/Mazda plant development. Currently there are a lot of new housing developments. My advice is look hard at housing to proximity to where you work. Hwy. 72 is getting to me a nightmare. If you are looking for a preowned home they are available where some families are up or downsizing.

The schools are great in Athens or Madison. They rank top in to country. Not so in Decatur you will want to stay North of the River. Oh there are no deer around here you may want to give me your saddle gear.

We have been looking the market hasn’t turned up as bad as it has here yet. We have found several houses. There is one I absolutely love but it’s aways out and priced way to high.

I am keeping my job in Lewisburg at Berry for now.

Last edited:
Muscle Shoals, 3rd year hunting out of saddle. I hunt out of a kestrel. I got a tacticsaddle 2 weeks ago, so far very happy with it. i use a 16 pack of wildedge stepps.

How do you guys like the area? We would like to find a town around there that has that resort feel. Like every day your in vacation. We would like to be close to the water. We love Guntersville lake area. I’m not wanting to leave my current job. So we are looking for a house within in 1 hr or there abouts from Lewisburg, Tn.

Back