• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Attaching Predator to Saddle for Climb

dtaylor60

Greetings.

Second year saddle hunting and set-up has already undergone some tuning. Last year I climbed with Predator platform in my pack. Once up, I set it and started hunting. Wondering if there are folks who attach Predator to back of saddle for easy access.... If so, how do you do it? Looking for an easy and quiet way to attach platform. Thanks for suggestions and any pics.

I don't use my predator much anymore but when I do I use about a 4" loop of paracord tied through my webbing loops at the 6 o'clock position. The loop needs to be just big enough to hook around the ears of the tree bracket but small enough that it won't work itself out once hooked. I never had an issue climbing with it hanging from my 6 o'clock position. However be aware of increased risk of injury if you were to fall and land on that thing (metal is stronger than spine).

I use an s-biner that I took the gate off of one side, with a loop of paracord tied to the platform. Easy to hook up and unhook at height

Yep, Genesis 3D hanger at the small of the back. It doesn’t come off until you mean it to, silent and doesn’t swing.

I climb with mine in my pack like you. No chance of it clanking on the climbing sticks hanging on my side this way. I hang my sticks from kydex hooks on each hip

i’ve seen guys use the same hooks with paradors for the stand as well as using gear ties

Last edited:
Question: anybody use 2-3 steps aligned with Predator platform to get better angles around the tree?
depending on the size of the trees you hunt from, and your comfort level. i felt just fine leaning way out on the predator, it bites pretty good. i always toe hooked it and it was tight.

you can also offset it from your stick top, and use that as a step for walking around the tree

Greetings.

Second year saddle hunting and set-up has already undergone some tuning. Last year I climbed with Predator platform in my pack. Once up, I set it and started hunting. Wondering if there are folks who attach Predator to back of saddle for easy access.... If so, how do you do it? Looking for an easy and quiet way to attach platform. Thanks for suggestions and any pics.

I walk in with the Predator attached to the outside of my pack, climb with it attached like that, and then remove it at height without taking the pack off my back.

I took 4 bungee cord loops with the ball ends they sell everywhere. I can't get my amazon account to cooperate to get the link, but the loops are around 6 inches long.

I removed the balls from 2 of these. They are paired vertically on my pack. To one side, I have a loop with ball girth hitched to a tie down point on my pack. Above it, I have a loop with ball removed. This is repeated on the other side of the pack.

I have everything spaced so that I can lay my platform flat on the pack, snake the ball-less loop through one hole in the platform, and then attach it to its cousin that still has a ball. Do this on the other side as well.

Quiet (if you are careful and don't let the bungee cord with the plastic ball release....that side stays in your hand once you do your thumb flick move). Never had it fall off while walking. One less thing to move around while getting ready. At height, reach around with one hand and grab the platform and use the other to disconnect the loops.

Downsides: looks DIY, might make noise hitting the platform against brush but this hasn't been an issue for me since the pack and platform sit so flat against me. I never remember thinking (after 2 years and 60 or more hunts) that the platform ever made noise back there.

Greetings.

DIY cobra weave paracord lanyards in your Molle loops works for me carrying about anything. Check out You Tube videos for instructions on making lanyards.

I don't climb up with it on me (its on my pack), but I rappel down with it attached to my saddle. I just take my Hero hook (which I use for my bow) and attach it to my lineman's loop on the left side with the hangar part out. Once I lower down and remove my platform, I just hang it off the hook on my side until I hit the ground. Very simple and easy to do in low light since that hook will go through any of the holes on the platform and hang just fine for a few seconds while you rappel.

Back