• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

B3 Archery

Bustin

I'm new to bow hunting and have been looking for a hook style release. I've heard from one guy that B3 Archery releases are really good but I cannot find any real reviews on the hook releases or even the brand as a whole. Anyone ever heard/used B3 releases or have any recommendations?

I'm new to bow hunting and have been looking for a hook style release. I've heard from one guy that B3 Archery releases are really good but I cannot find any real reviews on the hook releases or even the brand as a whole. Anyone ever heard/used B3 releases or have any recommendations?
Go to a bow shop, chat with a dude or lady who is nice and knowledgeable, and ask to shoot a few releases. Any bow tech who wants to stay in business will let you try a few releases before you purchase. It does them no good to be snooty about your personal shooting comfort.
If I had a shot at an animal for every time some guy told me some equipment was the soup-to-nuts, I’d never have an empty freezer. I’m not saying you should disregard advice, but 90% of hunting equipment has to be test-driven, especially something as personal as a release (arguably one of the most important pieces in your whole hunting setup).
Good luck! Find a good bow shop.

Go to a bow shop, chat with a dude or lady who is nice and knowledgeable, and ask to shoot a few releases. Any bow tech who wants to stay in business will let you try a few releases before you purchase. It does them no good to be snooty about your personal shooting comfort.
If I had a shot at an animal for every time some guy told me some equipment was the soup-to-nuts, I’d never have an empty freezer. I’m not saying you should disregard advice, but 90% of hunting equipment has to be test-driven, especially something as personal as a release (arguably one of the most important pieces in your whole hunting setup).
Good luck! Find a good bow shop.
Thanks for the advice

B3 releases are great. They are a new company but they are the original family that had Scott Archery. I still shoot a Scott Silver horn (no longer made) and the B3 Claw will be a great release. I've shot a hook style release for at least 10 yrs and love it. I can find my string loop with my thumb on my release hand and hook up my release without taking my eyes off my target. Hope this helps.

B3 releases are great. They are a new company but they are the original family that had Scott Archery. I still shoot a Scott Silver horn (no longer made) and the B3 Claw will be a great release. I've shot a hook style release for at least 10 yrs and love it. I can find my string loop with my thumb on my release hand and hook up my release without taking my eyes off my target. Hope this helps.
Thanks, that's what I've heard about them being the original owners of Scott. I've been looking at the claw or the hawk from B3

Just read your post. You probably have a release already, but here's a link to the B3 Hawk release. Start video at 10:37

I can only write about the B3 Hawk, due to the fact I used it from April throughout the season. While there are a ton a great releases out there, I liked the Hawk so much that I'm going to purchase another one..... just as back up or to have one for the warm sweaty season and one for the fall. It's a very adjustable release, since you can adjust travel and tension, I like my travel to be really short, but tension high.

Back