• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Back again

Saddlenoobie

Hello all! Merry Christmas I am back and debating on trying a saddle setup again! Lower back causes me issues but I posted a thread seeing if maybe another saddle will be more supportive instead.

Welcome back! The best advice I can think of is to try to find a local saddle meet up and try out as many different styles and model saddles as you can.

Welcome back. I have lotsa back issues; one of the primary reasons I switched to a saddle is I found it easier on my back. Sitting in a lock-on killed my back and a climber was only marginally better. A saddle allows me to shift around a bit which helps and a back band helps even more. Combined with the ability to either stand, lean or sit for me it’s a winning combo. Hope you find the same benefit.

Welcome from Michigan! I didn't check if it was your post about back pain but there were some great responses over there

I think you will find it better than any lock. May even be more comfortable than some climbers and certainly more flexible. As others have suggested a simple shout out will probably produce someone in your area willing to let you have a go with theirs. Good luck!

Hello all! Merry Christmas I am back and debating on trying a saddle setup again! Lower back causes me issues but I posted a thread seeing if maybe another saddle will be more supportive instead.

You didn't say whether you were a sitter or a leaner. But if either, you might try adding a back band before going to a different saddle.

If you do need to buy a new saddle and are a sitter I'd recommend a Cruzr XC. Seems to be the saddle that has set the bar for comfort that most are measured by for either leaner or sitter. Also, a two panel saddle may give you some additional adjustability beyond a Cruzr which you may want to fine tune to your comfort needs.

Best of luck.

Saddle relieves back pain for me compared to treestand. That said, try a back band, play with tether and bridge height, sitting vs leaning, and if you must get a new saddle go for a two-panel like the ESS or a JX-3 hybrid. Good luck!

JX3 really seems like the ticket for most people

Go to a 2 panel. Makes a big difference. I’ve had the back surgery. Know from experience. I have the Cruzr Archon, but it’s all a matter of preference! I had multiple saddles and going to the 2 panel was the key!

I've got a couple compressed lumbar discs. I was very comfortable in both my Trehopper Recon and Dryad Drey, but much prefer the Drey. It's a tactical hunting hammock you can nap in.

I never saw the responses I just looked and thank you all for the info. I’ve noticed the last few weeks working on ladder and standing all day that’s when the pain kicks in! I am also thinking a mobile stand setup may be the way for me sadly

Back