• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Back vs. Bow quivers for archery?

I know this isn't what you asking but Id think carefully before I use a body quiver if carrying FBBH's
Call me CS call me narrow minded but NFWIH am I ever going to put 3-6 ultra razor sharp devices that were designed for and whos sole and ONLY purpose is to kill things buy cutting and causing massive hemorrhaging on my back or attached to my body anywhere for that matter
Unlike my hunting knife housed securely in its shieth I can fall on all day 100x and never risk injury
There is no way you can come into any form of contact with a FBBH and not get injured and most likely need stitches likely lots of them.
After 37 years of deer hunting and gutting well over 40 deer knock on wood never even came close to cutting myself while gutting, skinning or butchering a deer or elk
Can not say the same for my FBBH's

Last edited:
Bow quiver, and this is coming from someone that HATES shooting with a bow quiver. I always take it off at the tree. To me, leaving it on is like buying a $1000 golf club and then using it with a golf ball holder attached to it. A goal this year is to hold my nose and practice more with it on the bow. I use a Kwikee 3 arrow, so it comes off pretty easily and it light. I can't imagine using one of these arrow 30-packs that look like bars at the zoo.

If you fall and the arrows are on your bow, and the bow is in your hand, then you can toss the bow (or at least control it a little bit) and then not get stabbed. Imagine slipping and falling down a hill with arrows on your back and as you tumble hearing them hit the ground ahead of you. For trad guys, the ol' robin hood back quiver looks really old timey....but just remember that back then people would sometimes walk off into the woods and then you'd never see the again.

Back