• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Badlands Diablo Dos

bb5931

This is my first year in the saddle but I couldn’t imagine using another pack (as long as you’re not packing meat). I strap my sticks and platform to the front of it and my sys hangs off the mole loops on the backpacks waist belt. When I get to the tree, I pull off the sticks and platform, attach my bow to the back of the pack, hang the sticks off my saddle and then slide my platform into the ventilation gap between my back and the pack (pictured).
I’ve never seen a pack that allows you to keep the platform so accessible.
I climb up, and when I get to hunting height I can reach behind me, without taking off the pack and grab my platform. One super easy trip up.
ab3a6b272623c31dd91b8608ff262116.jpg
e99051634742d35205ba94f26dff522c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice.

My old tenzing 2200 had something similar in terms of air ventilation in the back. Don’t have it anymore. Maybe some can comment on whether there is enough space for a platform and whether it’s accessible.

How much does the diablo dos run?

Badlands periodically runs some pretty good deals. I paid $100 which was 50% off at the time. MSRP is currently $230 I believe...

I run the same pack but I'm not really in love with it. I pack 5 Wild Edge steps inside my pack and attach my Predator platform to the outside. My biggest complaint is I feel the inside of the pack doesn't have much available storage space since the frame pushes the pack away from your body and compresses the inside storage space. Also, the Zippers are loud.

I like what you did with putting your platform in between the frame and your back while you climb. I'll give that a try next time I'm in the woods.

I run the same pack too.

I'd agree with @Ahill2climb that the zippers are loud, for that I tend to leave the two compartments open for easy access into the pack vs opening the zippers more than I need to. For early season I dont find there to be an issue with storage space, but certainly when the temps drop it'll become an issue when attempting to carry in a fanatic bib/jacket combo plus saddle gear.

Back