• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Battle Belt Sling

iamcorey

After looking at EWO offerings, I've been thinking about trying this out in the backyard. Would like to run my thoughts by the "experts" on here.
This is the belt https://www.hillpeoplegear.com/Products/CategoryID/3/ProductID/11. I'm asking about this particular belt because I have access to one.

It has several hypalon loops to rig a rappel seat/harness by threading 1" climb rated webbing through the length of the belt similar to the EWO belt. The 1" webbing would be tied to a carabiner on a short tether around the tree. Not sure what this setup is referred to, but it sounds similar to what Eberhart runs. @Nutterbuster made reference to trying something similar, but I can't find that post.

I would obviously replace stock belt buckles with weight rated cobra buckles. Is this type thing safe? Would I need to run a sit drag underneath for additional comfort and/or sitting? Is it feasible to hunt like this comfortably and safely for extended periods?

Did you happen to see my set up at the meet up? I have been running a sit drag/ battle belt set up for years.

See you in a tree, Ricky

No I missed that. You mind giving me the quick and dirty of your setup?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No I missed that. You mind giving me the quick and dirty of your setup?

sure nothing special,
I have a Ernie Power linesman belt (looks exactly like the one @DanO is selling) I bought a battle belt offline without the belt, pulled the lineman through it i had to cut slots where the linesman needed to come through,
i use a sit drag with a long bridge, i only use it to sit in i don't climb with it only the linesman, when i get to height i put the linesman in the carabiner on my bridge and use it as a back band
its actually very comfortable, we can meet up sometime if you'd like to check it out. I can add pictures if i can find it in storage! lol

sure nothing special,
I have a Ernie Power linesman belt (looks exactly like the one @DanO is selling) I bought a battle belt offline without the belt, pulled the lineman through it i had to cut slots where the linesman needed to come through,
i use a sit drag with a long bridge, i only use it to sit in i don't climb with it only the linesman, when i get to height i put the linesman in the carabiner on my bridge and use it as a back band
its actually very comfortable, we can meet up sometime if you'd like to check it out. I can add pictures if i can find it in storage! lol

I have one of Ernies belts too. I still use it. I might try adding it to the battle belt I have on a pack. Simple idea

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

63552b6552485c16253abacad54ae3bd.jpg

If you add this to the belt you have another point for backup or rappel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

sure nothing special,
So you run a normal height tether essentially run two bridges? I was thinking about the attach point for the battle LB being much lower as described in another thread. Not sure of the advantage/disadvantage, but I think it would make running a sitdrag a little more difficult.

A waistbelt that actually goes around your waist is a good idea.

After looking at EWO offerings, I've been thinking about trying this out in the backyard. Would like to run my thoughts by the "experts" on here.
This is the belt https://www.hillpeoplegear.com/Products/CategoryID/3/ProductID/11. I'm asking about this particular belt because I have access to one.

It has several hypalon loops to rig a rappel seat/harness by threading 1" climb rated webbing through the length of the belt similar to the EWO belt. The 1" webbing would be tied to a carabiner on a short tether around the tree. Not sure what this setup is referred to, but it sounds similar to what Eberhart runs. @Nutterbuster made reference to trying something similar, but I can't find that post.

I would obviously replace stock belt buckles with weight rated cobra buckles. Is this type thing safe? Would I need to run a sit drag underneath for additional comfort and/or sitting? Is it feasible to hunt like this comfortably and safely for extended periods?

IMO, this is not life support and it's not made to be. I would go with DanO's Battle Belt with LB and AustriAlpin Dual Adjustable Pro Style Buckle. The LB is 6000 lb 2 inch seatbelt webbing and it goes through the entire battle belt.

IMO, this is not life support and it's not made to be. I would go with DanO's Battle Belt with LB and AustriAlpin Dual Adjustable Pro Style Buckle. The LB is 6000 lb 2 inch seatbelt webbing and it goes through the entire battle belt.

How does this setup differ from the EWO other than weight ratings which are not deal killers in this instance. Am I missing something?

Both would have same waist buckle. Both would have a solid climb rated webbing throughout the belt. End loops would not be sewn on my setup.

Ah I see what you are talking about now with the hypalon loops. Essentially the waist belt is just acting as padding. As long as the 1 inch webbing goes all the way around your waist and into the cobra you should be fine. It may be more uncomfortable than 2 inch webbing though ... idk.

I been using a work belt ($40)and am preferring it over my saddle.
@Nutterbuster posted one months ago so I ordered two different ones to try.

They are definitely made to hold you up.
I put suspenders on mine for one sticking as I wear it a little lower for climbing.
Be aware that if you tip over you could fall out of it but that is easily solved by your method of choice.

I have a feeling this is going to replace my saddle. Testing is looking so.

Ah I see what you are talking about now with the hypalon loops. Essentially the waist belt is just acting as padding. As long as the 1 inch webbing goes all the way around your waist and into the cobra you should be fine. It may be more uncomfortable than 2 inch webbing though ... idk.
that's my concern as well with the 1" vs 2", but there is lots of padding so i'll just have to see.

I been using a work belt ($40)and am preferring it over my saddle.
@Nutterbuster posted one months ago so I ordered two different ones to try.

They are definitely made to hold you up.
I put suspenders on mine for one sticking as I wear it a little lower for climbing.
Be aware that if you tip over you could fall out of it but that is easily solved by your method of choice.

I have a feeling this is going to replace my saddle. Testing is looking so.
are you using anything to sit in or just using the belt to lean and maneuver around the tree?

I use the belt like a swing seat one sticking but when I am at height I move it up more for leaning.
The suspenders stop the belt from falling as I climb since I'm wearing it low on the hip it wants to slip.
They serve no purpose leaning. The belt is higher and stays put for the little I may move around.

Mine is on top.
The one NB posted is the other.
That one is good for maybe 32 inchScreenshot_20200727-172234_Chrome.jpg waisted men and girls in the peak of health. Lol

Back