• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Battlement From Wild Edge & OOAL

ricky racer

Myself, I'd take a Ridge Runner any day of the week. What are your thoughts?

s792955135833419870_p78_i4_w1797.jpeg

s792955135833419870_p78_i6_w1800.jpeg

I like it but I will stick with my RR and my Scout! I also agree its pricey. If Matt priced it he would sell many more but the WEI folks in my opinion hiked this sucker way up for what it is.

Looks like they just took a perch and welded in to a Scout/RR/etc. OOAL bracket then charged 2X the price. Looks uncomfortable and more importantly, not cool.

I think the RR is a better option.

I have a RR in it’s second season, a trophyline mission (1 hunt) and a RR XL en route to my home. Had a scout solo and that didn’t work for me.

Neat...but is there an actual functional difference between any mid size platform?? I’m not sold that my RR is the best option but I’m not for sure I’ll see a difference between any of them??

Looks nice. I don’t comprehend the price point in light of the competition. I mean it’s basically another option with no real stand out advantage over what’s currently out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just my opinion but since it appears to be made by OOAL and sold by WE there is an additional markup needed in there for WE to get their cut.

Neat...but is there an actual functional difference between any mid size platform?? I’m not sold that my RR is the best option but I’m not for sure I’ll see a difference between any of them??
It looks like a "ridgerunner for guys who aggressively move around the tree and use a lot of side and back-pressure on the platform."

Pass.....

WEI REALLY needs a “game changer” item to get back some market share. This is definitely not it and there is still no sight of the new saddle.

I actually love the perch platform, not to take anything away from OOAL, but I like the perch way more than the podium. I wish this came out before I bought my solo scout.

It looks like a "ridgerunner for guys who aggressively move around the tree and use a lot of side and back-pressure on the platform."
Maybe, but I don't know how it could hold any tighter to the tree than the RR. I can straddle the tree from behind on my RR and not kick it off the tree.

I could already envision that rascal with an aider attached to the bottom section of the ooal bracket edition that will allow you to gain more height while “ one sticking” with the platform folded up. Kinda a little late in the season for “new releases” though

Back