• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Bear scat in my front lawn?

Marmuzz

A little help…

My wife found this in our front lawn today. She’s convinced it’s bear crap. There was a black bear within 1-2 miles of our house a few weeks ago that was all over the news but the Game Commission said they trapped it.

I live less than 100’ from a busy road in the suburbs. The size of this turd makes me skeptical unless it’s a cub. But, I don’t know that much about scat.

A935325A-78F0-48E5-9A1F-63B57E32979E.jpeg

I'd vote Raccoon also. Raccoon poop is usually more tubular, but it looks like it stepped on it as it left, flattening it.

Back