• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Beef Pho

jlh42581

First things first.... you could use ANY wildgame to make this. If you choose poultry, change the broth to a chicken or make your own. If I had anything except ground venison left, id use that, elk would prob be even better. This is quick down and dirty...

I slapped this together based on eating at a brewery a few weeks ago with something similar. It doesnt use all the traditional ingredients but the taste was almost identical to what I had a few weeks back!

Hoffmans Beef Pho

3lb Beef Roast – cook in a covered pot in the oven or crock pot, save broth
Two Large Containers – Beef Bone Broth
1 Bunch of Green Onions
Half a sweet onion sliced thin
3 jalapenos cut, include the seeds (if you don’t like super hot stuff, adjust accordingly)
1 teaspoon – anise seeds
Sliced Portabella Mushrooms
1/3 Bag frozen stirfry mix veg (you could swap this for almost anything)
½ cup soy sauce
½ cup worcestershire
½ box of rice noodles – cooked in water and drained, not in the base

Start with the roast and get ahead of the base until its falling apart with forks. Then combine everything except the beef and noodles in a pot (veg, broth, spices…) . Let the pot simmer for an hour on low temp. Add ½ the beef roast into the pot (including the broth) and eat the other half of the roast whenever. Boil the water to make the noodles.

Add the noodles after they have been cooked. This “soup” should be at least 50% broth.

Awesome, I love PHO, just without the noodles. I will try this recipe, Keto friendly style.

I was eating it without noodles too, good either way. The best part about it, so filling from all the broth, not real high in calories.

I should pay attention a bit more the next time I'm over at my parent's house. My mom always makes pho when I'm over, and I never really learned her recipe (just bits and pieces here and there). I'd like to try to do it using bones from the next deer I get.

She would sometimes make a stir fry using left over pho noodles as well.

First things first.... you could use ANY wildgame to make this. If you choose poultry, change the broth to a chicken or make your own. If I had anything except ground venison left, id use that, elk would prob be even better. This is quick down and dirty...

I slapped this together based on eating at a brewery a few weeks ago with something similar. It doesnt use all the traditional ingredients but the taste was almost identical to what I had a few weeks back!

Hoffmans Beef Pho

3lb Beef Roast – cook in a covered pot in the oven or crock pot, save broth
Two Large Containers – Beef Bone Broth
1 Bunch of Green Onions
Half a sweet onion sliced thin
3 jalapenos cut, include the seeds (if you don’t like super hot stuff, adjust accordingly)
1 teaspoon – anise seeds
Sliced Portabella Mushrooms
1/3 Bag frozen stirfry mix veg (you could swap this for almost anything)
½ cup soy sauce
½ cup worcestershire
½ box of rice noodles – cooked in water and drained, not in the base

Start with the roast and get ahead of the base until its falling apart with forks. Then combine everything except the beef and noodles in a pot (veg, broth, spices…) . Let the pot simmer for an hour on low temp. Add ½ the beef roast into the pot (including the broth) and eat the other half of the roast whenever. Boil the water to make the noodles.

Add the noodles after they have been cooked. This “soup” should be at least 50% broth.
I'm glad you posted this, my kids love pho and been meaning to try it with deer.

Thanks for posting this recipe. I love pho and this looks like the easiest recipe I've looked at. Can't wait to try to finish up some deer roasts. Plus it's almost soup season in Iowa.

This is something I never dreamed I’d see and can’t wait to try!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is something I never dreamed I’d see and can’t wait to try!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's a favorite at our house

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Back