• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Behavior and Expectations on this site

Status
Not open for further replies.

redsquirrel

Administrator
Staff member
SH Member
Things have been running amok the past few days and it is time to rein them back in. First off, thank you to @Vtbow for taking the time to put together an awesome write up to really put some things in perspective. If you haven't read it yet you really need to read this: https://saddlehunter.com/community/...-saddlehunter-com-community.8036/#post-121279

As he stated I have a level of expectation from each and every member on this site. I have had to do minimal moderating in the past because of this. We are all adults and we should all know how to behave like adults. YOU ARE ALL EXPECTED TO BEHAVE LIKE ADULTS. As the community grows you are not going to like or get along with everyone on here. That is ok. This is life and nobody gets along with everyone else. But on here your disagreements get put into writing for all of eternity. So you know what? Please be respectful. There is no reason that you can not disagree with someone in a respectful manner. As many of you know, and for those who don't, I do this for fun. I run this site on my own time on my own dollar. I keep ads off the site because I want to keep it nice looking for you guys. Saddle hunting is fun for me and I get way more out of the friendships I have made through this site and the awesome innovations that have been created here. That being said, being the father to a few thousand bickering hunters is losing its fun. I'm done with it. This is not singling any one person out, it is an announcement to the community. If you can't behave like an adult you can leave. Whether you leave on your terms or mine is up to you. I am proud of the community that I have created here and I fully intend on keeping it in the spirit of why I created it.

As far as the drama surrounding vendor release I have to agree with @Vtbow's assessment. If you need to contact a vendor, please do it through their official channels. If you have productive information to share with the saddlehunter community about a product or company please share it but we do not need the site bogged down by thread after thread of unproductive discussion.

Thank you all for being members of this community. Let's keep this community the one that we all know and love.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back