• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Best add on so far. $.04

Spence71

Switched to oplux this year. One stick and regular climbing set up. Also needed to split some gear to complete a 2nd saddle. Tethered ropes an a rope man went so I needed a something to work with the oplux. Went back to prusik. And added a 10” or so piece of paracord as a tender. Best add on this far. I went thru the agar he trying to find a plastic loop or a washer. But was out of luck. Who knew that something so simple and cheap would work.

607b4770f10570c15d7b45c1b8fbc75b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have yet for any tender to work for me. I find my self yanking up as hard as I can on tag end and nothing happens. I inevitably end up just pushing hitch up by hand. Glad you found something that works for you.

Edit: I always unloaded weight to tend but no dice with my distel accessory chord and oplux. Thankfully its just a back up tether for my safeguard/rappel htp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Can’t use it loaded. So I have to stand up. Once I figured that out .... money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have yet for any tender to work for me. I find my self yanking up as hard as I can on tag end and nothing happens. I inevitably end up just pushing hitch up by hand. Glad you found something that works for you.

Edit: I always unloaded weight to tend but no dice with my distel accessory chord and oplux. Thankfully its just a back up tether for my safeguard/rappel htp

I don't understand that at all. I'm not sure what rope and cord you're using but you might want to post some details and pictures because that's the first I've heard of anyone having trouble getting a tender to work with a properly tied distel hitch. I'm doing like the OP and just using a piece of paracord and works like a champ.

Mine tenders don't work either always have to end up using my hand unloaded doesn't matter either!

Another tending option for a loop Prusik, less cord and quicker tending, the sewn area keeps it out of the hitch.
808AD380-3E80-4A6B-AF20-B2B9E26E95BF.jpeg
Adding a thimble or low friction ring makes it smoother.
3A123608-B20F-4451-8631-C2E95B94D162.jpeg

I had a hard time getting tenders of various types and materials to run smooth. They all worked but some better than others. I found that a semi ridged tender works best. Once onloaded a ridged tender keeps the knot really loose and easily adjusted. Tender takes some fine tuning but once set correctly they smooth.....

I use the 1 that is flat strap from EWO (another super cheap option) and some vet wrap to hold the rope to the tender to stiffen it up.

Screenshot_20201212-164419_(1).pngScreenshot_20201212-164435_(1).pngScreenshot_20201212-164427_(1).png

What are you using for rope and hitch cord? Some stuff just isn’t compatible together.

Tied loop tender, long tails from the Sliding Double Fishermen’s, the closer to the hitch, the quicker the response.
796823FC-87F4-4DE3-B2C8-2997E17A04F2.jpeg

I haven’t had any problems with my paracord tender on oplux even with a prusik that likes to bite really hard on the tether after being loaded with body weight. Even easier on the lineman’s belt. This is with trc. I agree with the above, might be a mismatch somewhere with rope used for hitch in conjunction with the oplux.

Back