• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Best Facemask for Glasses

CZMark

SH Member
Since I started needing to wear glasses, I have mostly given up on facemasks. Most masks will fit over glasses fine, the problem I have is fogging of my glasses with a facemask on. Any suggestions?

Lasik!

You can also consider prescription "sports" glasses that form a seal around your eyes that help prevent that. I've often thought about going to something like that too but for now, for me.... contacts.

This is the one reason I would try face paint. For any other reason i think it looks silly, is harder to take off than a gaiter, etc. But for this... yeah I could "see" it.

I wear glasses, and use face masks. I cut a slit for my nose so the cut is under the nose. Then cut out a circle around the mouth. If I'm going in all day I wear paint(carbo mask) goes on easy comes off easy because it's water based.

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

Eyeglass manufacturers are coming out with some really good AR (anti reflective) coatings for eyeglasses.. I'm surprised more hunting eyeware companies are not addressing this problem...

I wear glasses. When it’s cold, I wear a beard and drop my face mask below my chin. Or at least fully below my nose otherwise I fog up.
I’m thinking about Camo sticks for my face.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use a neoprene face mask with a bit of DIY added to it. What I did was rip some padding off some old ski goggles and then sowed that it to the inside edge area of the mask just under my eyes. This prevents the air from coming back up from the gap between the nose bridge and cheek from breathin.
11A6D007-FDC2-430F-9802-ED2F50E96A29.jpeg15DE77B7-66BD-4024-AFFF-842615537A97.jpeg375FA56D-30F7-49E1-99D5-068BD7BCD83A.jpeg

I take my glasses off. I can't see very good but I'm pretty darn good shooting by sound. It's a good skill to learn. Helps in low light situations too.
If you wear glasses and they fog up, sound shooting again is a useful skill.;)
I'm sure I interpreted this incorrectly. You can't actually be shooting without being able to CLEARLY see your target and background right?

Yep, at my age I'm bifocally challenged. I put contacts in to correct for distance vision. Only issue with that is with those contacts in I have zero close up vision. I carry a pair of reader glasses to read with. I hang them on my pack in the tree so I can readily access them if I get a text from one of my buddies while hunting (or if I'm posting to Saddlehunter when its slow).

I wear glasses, and use face masks. I cut a slit for my nose so the cut is under the nose. Then cut out a circle around the mouth. If I'm going in all day I wear paint(carbo mask) goes on easy comes off easy because it's water based.

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk
Face masks annoy me and even though it looks silly I've thought of using carbo mask. I've heard it comes off easily. Does it have a smell to it? That's the only thing I've worried about when I've used paint in the past.

Back