• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Best lighted nock

Backstrap Assassin

I'm thinking about switching to a lighted nock this year. Does anyone have any experience with them? If so, which do you shoot and what do you like/don't like about the kind you use?

I'm thinking about the glory nocks as turning the light on and off seems very easy.

I've shot both nocturnals and lumenoks. Both have issues with consistently lighting or staying lit. I will admit that the nocturnals work really well for the first few times but their dependability falls off over time. Will be trying firenocks this year as all I've heard is great things about them.

I've shot both nocturnals and lumenoks. Both have issues with consistently lighting or staying lit. I will admit that the nocturnals work really well for the first few times but their dependability falls off over time. Will be trying firenocks this year as all I've heard is great things about them.
I have one package been using for 3 years. Just had to buy batteries

Get the glory nock and tell us how you like them.... I have been looking at trying them as well. I've had the least amount of issues with nockturnal so far but all the different ones I've tried suffer dependability problems after shooting them for a bit. I had a nock out brand one stick on to were you couldn't turn it off and it stayed lit for over 5 days. Impressive.....but still broken

I've used luminocs past couple years. Had good luck with them. Even tried the chinese "wish" ones online... that was a waste. This year I'm going to try and get my hands on the breadcrumb nocks. There was a backorder last time I looked...

I tried Firenocks from 2012-2014 and never could get them to work right for me. I really wanted them to work as I did not like the others. I quit using lighted nocks but may try the Glory Nocks. Time to research.

I've been using firenocks for years now and had good luck with them. They are pricey and you need to pay close attention to the instructions. They are not something you can throw in a shaft and go, but if you take your time and set things up right they are awesome

I've been using firenocks for years now and had good luck with them. They are pricey and you need to pay close attention to the instructions. They are not something you can throw in a shaft and go, but if you take your time and set things up right they are awesome
Nothing better then Firenock. They are expensive for a reason because they just are the best.

I’ve been using Nockturnals with my Victory VAPs for years

Quality has declined some though in recent yrs since they were bought out by a larger outdoor company

Victory just came out with their own lighted nock that I’m going to try out

Which ever works better I’ll run with

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just had a thought: different sized nocks from the same manufacturer may behave differently (smaller components may have different failure rates). For example I've seen lighting issues from nockturnals but I've only used them with .165 diameter arrows. Maybe if we are posting which brands we are having issues with we should also post which nock sizes they are?

I've had lighting/dependability issues with nocturnals G-nocks, and lumenocks X-nocks.

I used Lumenok in the past but I always had trouble with them glowing when the arrow is wet in the rain. I had to carry an extra handful of paper towel to keep wiping them off.

I bought some Glory nocks this year and while they haven't seen any field use yet from me, they work as advertised shooting in the yard. The off switch is really a really nice feature.

Last edited:
I moved to glory nocks this year and they are awesome so far - EASY ON/OFF...

I have about 250 shots into one that I'm testing for impact damage over time to see how well they hold up. So far so good...

I’ve shot lumennoc, nockturnals, Easton tracers, nockout, and some off brands. Can’t go wrong with lumennoc the only issues I had was after using for along period of time they would get kinda loose in the shaft so if u kit something solid they would come out but this is after 100s of shots on them after target shooting. I also loved how you can buy replacement batteries for them. Nockturnals I never had luck with something with the button in them I would go trough a season pull them out the next summer and they would be dead “switch was not on”. Easton tracers are discontinued now but they weren’t very good at all. Nockouts were my favorite so far one because they are one of the only brands to make a G nock also loved the fact you never had to take them out to target shoot without wasting battery all you had to do was spin the collar to the off position I got three seasons outta them before I accidentally forgot to put the collar in the off position and they got turned on in my case. One thing I didn’t really care for was how far they stuck out the arrow shaft. This year I’m going to try Glory nocks once they come out with the size G. Hope this helps good luck this year!

I have only used Nockturnals....so they are the best ones ive ever used!

Back