• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Best One Stickin’ Stick

parkconner

SH Member
Fellas, just wanted to get your opinion on what stick is the best for one stickin’? I already use a helium mini with a harken cam cleat and a 2 step 1/8” amsteel aider attached. Was just wondering if there were any better options out there or if what I’m working with is a good option already.

In my opinion anything with the cam cleat is a winner... Thus far I have built one out of an original Lonewolf stick, from ewo parts, and a mini shikar... they all do the same thing...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EWO stick. Cam cleat (even though my cam cleat is crooked), scout platform, and two step aider.
The one stick method and platform all in one.

For actually executing the method of climbing - a 3 step stock helium.

For packing, weight - the shortest stick out of the lightest materials that packs the smallest and doesn't spin around on the tree when you set it and step into the bottom of a long aider on a crooked tree. It's all the same.

The stick I use most often for one sticking is a muddy pro, with the cam cleat removed, replaced with a versa button. I find using a cam buckle to be simplest and most efficient way to one stick climb. straps seem to slide up trees easier than rope. I typically set the length of the strap one time at base of tree, and don't have to do it again until I'm at height. Sometimes maybe once.

The gap between carrying one stick and 2+ is vast. the difference in climbing with any one stick option versus another is tiny.

Use what ya got brotha!

Fellas, just wanted to get your opinion on what stick is the best for one stickin’? I already use a helium mini with a harken cam cleat and a 2 step 1/8” amsteel aider attached. Was just wondering if there were any better options out there or if what I’m working with is a good option already.
I have the same stick setup. How do you like the Hawk mini setup? I am waiting on my two step aider. Currently using somewhat of a make shift aider. Also, I mounted my cam cleat a little differently on my Hawk and it’s been working well. I would say its still in the experimental phase, but so far so good. I also have a Shikar mini I am considering for a one stick, but haven’t tried it yet.

EWO stick. Cam cleat (even though my cam cleat is crooked), scout platform, and two step aider.
The one stick method and platform all in one.

Do you like this setup? how long have you sat comfortably?

I love the EWO stick mine is 15" with 3 step aider 15" spacing. cam cleat and amsteel.

Did my first 1 stick climb and hunt last night. I use a diy platform and a 3 step aider. It worked just fine. Im sure I was slower than hanging multiple sticks, but way less to carry.

I have the same stick setup. How do you like the Hawk mini setup? I am waiting on my two step aider. Currently using somewhat of a make shift aider. Also, I mounted my cam cleat a little differently on my Hawk and it’s been working well. I would say its still in the experimental phase, but so far so good. I also have a Shikar mini I am considering for a one stick, but haven’t tried it yet.
I like the setup that I have now, it works really well. Was just wondering if anyone had any other options.

My stacked outdoors stick is perfect for me. It’s so wide that I comfortably use it as a platform too. I taped a pad to the top step and rest my knees against it while standing on the bottom step

3 step helium with a webbing loop is great to climb, but I enjoy my shikar mini with a 5 step aider. I can pack it all up when I get to hunting height, 1 less thing to deal with after the hunt.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

In my opinion anything with the cam cleat is a winner... Thus far I have built one out of an original Lonewolf stick, from ewo parts, and a mini shikar... they all do the same thing...

Did you install a cam cleat on the shikar?

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

My favorite stick for one sticking is not a stick at all it is the old Arc tree ladder that I cut into 3 different sections and it is AWESOME for one sticking and is not bad for using all 3 sections to get to 20ft or a little more!! But I absolutely love it for one sticking!!!

Did the shikar have a cam cleat?

My favorite stick for one sticking is not a stick at all it is the old Arc tree ladder that I cut into 3 different sections and it is AWESOME for one sticking and is not bad for using all 3 sections to get to 20ft or a little more!! But I absolutely love it for one sticking!!!
Any pics?

Although I’ve only used the stick I have so I do not have a lot to reference against but.......

I use the EWO 15” lightweight stick with a 3 step aider sewn to the lower step. The aider step gaps are 15” and I find that a good gap for one sticking. I also have a Harken 300 pound cam cleat. I used 6mm rope. It works great and I love it so far. I will be getting another after the season. I have a straight Scout platform ordered for the top of the stick(its not here yet). The. I can have a platform and stick in one.

I took some spray paint to it so it will blend with the tree.

Attachments

• 52ABC00A-D599-49AA-9032-1ACE1F79B1A1.jpeg
    52ABC00A-D599-49AA-9032-1ACE1F79B1A1.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 109
  • 72BB1DC6-AFAF-4307-A49C-99402FC1B41B.jpeg
    72BB1DC6-AFAF-4307-A49C-99402FC1B41B.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 111
  • A00350FF-3677-4EFF-BBDF-E365ADE9BF45.jpeg
    A00350FF-3677-4EFF-BBDF-E365ADE9BF45.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 107
Although I’ve only used the stick I have so I do not have a lot to reference against but.......

I use the EWO 15” lightweight stick with a 3 step aider sewn to the lower step. The aider step gaps are 15” and I find that a good gap for one sticking. I also have a Harken 300 pound cam cleat. I used 6mm rope. It works great and I love it so far. I will be getting another after the season. I have a straight Scout platform ordered for the top of the stick(its not here yet). The. I can have a platform and stick in one.

I took some spray paint to it so it will blend with the tree.
When did you order the platform? They have been out of stock for a couple months.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Any pics?
For some reason I have never been able to post pics it always says the file is to large maybe cause all I have is my phone and no computer idk!! Go to Arc tree ladder on the search engine you use and check it out!! It was very cumbersome as one piece but in 3 sections it is awesome!!

For some reason I have never been able to post pics it always says the file is to large maybe cause all I have is my phone and no computer idk!! Go to Arc tree ladder on the search engine you use and check it out!! It was very cumbersome as one piece but in 3 sections it is awesome!!
Open pic on your phone and take a screen shot. Seems to work for me.

Back