• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Best tree gear hanger??

Juengels24

I know of the HYS strap and a few other gear hangers but I’m wondering what everyone’s opinion is? What’s the best gear hanger for saddle hunting? DIY, purchased, ect... ? Let’s see what’s out there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My favorite is @Weldabeast gear hangar. I haven't sourced any unobtainium (sheet pvc) yet, love how it clears the tether too.Screenshot_20200119-215705.jpg

I'm using a over the door hangar that I stole from my wife.

I made an amsteel gear hanger out of some 7/64 that I had left over. It works well. I made is similar to the HYS strap as I left one side of the loop longer than the other.

That’s an awesome setup. What did you make the bow hanger out of? Is that a purchased strap?

Amsteel 7/64 daisy chain with a Nite Ize Figure 9, some DanO J hooks for backpack/gear and a hero clip for my weapon (not shown in picture). Light, compact and strong.
1942CFC2-BBB4-41DA-AAC9-6180A10970DB.jpeg

That’s an awesome setup. What did you make the bow hanger out of? Is that a purchased strap?

I made the strap...it's Belgium army surplus but it's just what I had laying around and the bow arm is made of pvc sheet material. Plywood would work just as well

I have been using a hero clip on a hys strap.

This year I am trying one of these:

I know of the HYS strap and a few other gear hangers but I’m wondering what everyone’s opinion is? What’s the best gear hanger for saddle hunting? DIY, purchased, ect... ? Let’s see what’s out there!

Ill be getting a 3d printer soon. Going to see what i can come up with to make my own

Back