• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Best way to carry platform & climbing sticks

M.Earnhart0524

I'm using 4 lone wolf climbing sticks with my saddle setup this year and trying to find the best way to carry them in. Big part of the reason to witching to a saddle was to lighten the load and less bulk walking through the woods. Right now I have my sticks in my main pouch of my backpack and my platform on the front of the backpack with the buckle strap that would hold my bow holding it. I still feel that this bulky in a sort, also I was going to use a chest pack this year that holds my rangefinder, deer call, rattle bag, wyndscent, phone and accessories like that so besides the sticks and platform there is no need for the back pack in earlier season. Does anyone have any suggestions to carry the platform and sticks without a back pack? Or is there a preferred pack that's best to use for carrying sticks and platform in that sort?

Wish I knew how to send photos. Season starts here in NH tomorrow and just loaded one of my Badlands packs.
Sticks horizontal on bottom, platform with pouch hooked to it on back. Saddle inside all ropes stored

I thought about having my horizontal on the bottom but I hunt a few thickets and bottoms. I'm afraid that they will get caught on brush and make all kinds of noise. So I figured I would rather have them upright then sideways. The way I have them now the top of the sticks is about top of my head height to so don't have to worry about low hanging branches. It's just bulky with them in the pack and the platform on the face of it on the outside.

I thought about having my horizontal on the bottom but I hunt a few thickets and bottoms. I'm afraid that they will get caught on brush and make all kinds of noise. So I figured I would rather have them upright then sideways. The way I have them now the top of the sticks is about top of my head height to so don't have to worry about low hanging branches. It's just bulky with them in the pack and the platform on the face of it on the outside.
If you figure it out let me know. I'm in the same boat. I have a platform and ros I tried the platform today and wasnt thrilled with it. May try ris tomorrow. That would certainly lighten the load.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I see, I would just be afraid with how brushy the area I hunt in with the sticks sticking out the side like that would get caught on brush and be noisy going an coming out of the woods
There are alot of molle webbing on the pack and I'm sure you could rig the up vertical.

Back