• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

BIBS Recommendation: Sitka v. First Lite v. Budget

MVictory

Sitka v. First Lite
If money was no object..
These bibs seem nice:

I lean more towards the First Lite as they are $100 cheaper and this reviewer seems to like them better.
I have products from KUIU and Sitka but not yet any First Lite.
Can anyone offer any thoughts either of these bibs?

On a Budget
Can anyone recommend pair of warm budget friendly bibs?

Aren't the Rivers West Bibs made from neoprene? If so, they are no doubt waterproof but they not vapor permeable so you'll likely sweat in them. Correct me if I'm wrong. I know Rivers West makes great gear.

Cabelas gear sure is interesting.
There are many fan favorites that are seemly no longer available or hard to get.

I have the first lite sanctuary bibs and jacket...let me tell you that in Illinois it gets COLD!! I was out in January in 10 degree weather with a 10mph wind. I was warm...don't want to hike to far but I was warm in my deer stand. It will be interesting climbing with this one and saddle hunting.

I wore my First Lite Sanctuary bibs with my saddle some last season. I thought it was much more comfortable than my pants.

I’m thinking this year if it’s below 40 I might pack them in to wear when I get to my tree.

I get cold easy and love those bibs

All I care about in bibs is they zip to the hip. Only flaw in the rivers west, but a seamstress can fix that for 20-30.00. The siktas are awesome. I just don’t wear a ton because of where i hunt and how much I walk.

I have the sitka stratus and incinerator. You get what you pay for in my eyes. I have not had the opportunity to try the incinerator because it hasent been cold enough. Im thinking the stratus will be good for temps down in the 20s or even single digits depending on your layering and boot quality. The stratus is the best investment ive made on hunting stuff this year i belive. Because thats what sitka is. An investment.

I've got the Sitka fanatic and stratus set. Absolutely love them. Was in the 30s with the stratus and stayed relatively warm with not much for base laters in. Fanatic will Outlast my feet. Should last me a long time.

That’s my problem w/all of them. Want to try pnuma. I digress, owned FL sanctuaries & they were toooo hot I sold them ( also a few inches too short, not an issue for normal folks)

I have the first lite sanctuary..... the bees knees I tell yea

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

As long as I’m not hiking and I’m setup, it’s almost impossible for me to overheat in the stand <40 degrees... I used to struggle to stay warm. Last year I bought discount Sanctuary bibs and Woodbury jacket in asat, PROBLEM SOLVED.

I tried several sets of cabelas and scentlok insulated gear before springing for First Lite sanctuary set. One of the best hunting purchases i've ever made. I'm sure the sitka fanatic set is nice too but I hate the digital pattern and even though first lite isn't cheap the cost of sitka still puts me off.

Back