• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Big Boot Late Season Platform

Wirrex

Staff member
SH Member
I was struggling with my klemz platform and my big winter boots. It’s finally time to chop up that Lonewolf stand. I poured cup of coffee and got to work this morning. The results aren’t too bad for less than 2 hours of work.

850257b958a31680fa23a5d0aa31c4ec.jpg

That's my preferred platform. I'd trade a Predator to have a backup one for anyone interested, I was going to post in the classifieds after the season. That extra inch really hits the spot....

Curious, without cables, how is the platform stopping?

If you look close in the pic where it’s folded up, I added a bracket to stop it at 90*. I really wanted to hunt from it today so it was a quick fixed position. My jumping on it was too much for the L bracket and it bent a little. I’m hunting from it right now but I’ll have to come up with a better solution tonight. Probably steel.

The platform is just enough bigger than the klemz seat to work perfectly with the mondo boots. Rotating for off side shots is a breeze! I can tell it’s heavier when climbing but I’m also not afraid of breaking it at all so there’s that.

Also, check out the fresh kneeling pad mod!

3f248aca56b1aec75234ded6e136b0e3.jpg

Nice work. I tried finding one of these stands for a long time as it is ideal to do this. There are several options available when wanting to get a platform and you don't want to wait or pay for a commercially made model. I chopped up an XOP after reading this gentleman's thread. You guys are good at keeping the ideas flowing. Thanks!

On my cut down Alpha I tigged in another piece of 1\4” aluminum right in front of the post and tapped it for a bolt to stop and level the platform Just like the Predator Works great and I am 285 or so

I’ve got my new stopper block mounted up. It’s just a block of aluminum to stop the angle at 90*. It’s not going to bend like the L bracket. I’m out on it now and it’s luxurious! Hopefully I shoot something for team 8.

25c6150a56aaae783f210214723e3f2e.jpg

I’ve got my new stopper block mounted up. It’s just a block of aluminum to stop the angle at 90*. It’s not going to bend like the L bracket. I’m out on it now and it’s luxurious! Hopefully I shoot something for team 8.

25c6150a56aaae783f210214723e3f2e.jpg
How long is the post? Do you cut it or leave it the original length?

One thing I have found that’s great about this platform is the shape. It makes pushing around the tree real nice because of the angle. Really loving this thing! I’m not sure how much my klemz seat will get used next season.

Back