• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Big buck on scouting trip this week - RI

jonkytron

Saw this old, big-bodied nine-point on my scout this weekend in RI. God damn I’m fired up for deer season already!

Attachments

• 7059BA67-C829-4596-8AAC-0842F6CEF5A1.jpeg
    7059BA67-C829-4596-8AAC-0842F6CEF5A1.jpeg
    995.6 KB · Views: 76
  • 94E80A38-4077-4397-B3F5-E91D8F3D39B9.jpeg
    94E80A38-4077-4397-B3F5-E91D8F3D39B9.jpeg
    969.7 KB · Views: 77
  • D31E14A9-91FD-49C4-B888-D3A3301803CE.jpeg
    D31E14A9-91FD-49C4-B888-D3A3301803CE.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 76
Last edited:
Can you get a consistent eye or maybe a few trail cams up in area?
if do you could most likley definitely get some sort of pattern on him.
is that beans or something else?
my season opens September first and this weekend im planning on doing a ton of drive arounds.

Can you get a consistent eye or maybe a few trail cams up in area?
if do you could most likley definitely get some sort of pattern on him.
is that beans or something else?
my season opens September first and this weekend im planning on doing a ton of drive arounds.
I saw him once in a private corn farm bordering public land. The farmer doesn’t hunt and doesn’t let anyone hunt there (I asked) The public land is thick swampy marsh but I think I found the little islands those deer are bedding on. Problem is that perhaps come oct 1 he won’t be around anymore. Deer around here that old usually don’t stick around public for hunting season.. but I’m hoping I can sneak into that marsh and take him out though early season or during the rut. It’s a beautiful buck! Good luck on your scouting and hunting!

I saw him once in a private corn farm bordering public land. The farmer doesn’t hunt and doesn’t let anyone hunt there (I asked) The public land is thick swampy marsh but I think I found the little islands those deer are bedding on. Problem is that perhaps come oct 1 he won’t be around anymore. Deer around here that old usually don’t stick around public for hunting season.. but I’m hoping I can sneak into that marsh and take him out though early season or during the rut. It’s a beautiful buck! Good luck on your scouting and hunting!
Ahhh you open October.
ok. I would start to watch, glass, or ehatever you need yo do to get him around mid September.
take a ride grab a coffee snd watch.
ill tell ya its fun snd doing this on consecutive nights gives you alot of intel.
note westher cobditions, moon, most importantly wind.
one of my favorite times of the year is a few weeks before the season.
you can kind of get yourself super psyched doing this. Good luck snd please keep us posted
Love to see you holding that stud.

Back