• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

BIGGEST BODIED BUCK OF MY LIFE!!!! MN swamp success

MNhunter15

Sunday October 25th of this crazy year will hold a special place in my heart. My first time back bowhunting my family's land in over 3 years due to moving further away and pursuing deer on public lands and I connect with the biggest buck I have ever laid my eyes on!! This brute tipped the scale at 246lbs FIELD DRESSED! Easily being my heaviest buck to date and prolly my life haha. The morning started out extremely calm and cold so I busted out my one of my rattling antlers and began to rub and thrash the tree I had my saddle hung in and not even 30 seconds later this guy comes in on a string to 7 yards, destroying ever little sapling along the way. He actually busted me on the draw and bounded back to where he came from but I was lucky enough to get him to stop at 27 yards quartering away and I slipped an arrow right into the boiler room. He trucked about 125 yards and I was able to watch him tip over. Getting to see that all unfold in this early MN snow fall is something I'll cherish forever. It wasn't until I climbed down and walked up to him when I realized just how giant this old buck was, and let me tell ya he was not easy to get outta that tamarack swamp but it's all part of the process and I would do it all over again in a heartbeat.FB_IMG_1603724895213.jpgFB_IMG_1603724901910.jpgFB_IMG_1603724908146.jpgFB_IMG_1603724916125.jpgFB_IMG_1603724925556.jpgFB_IMG_1603724932678.jpgFB_IMG_1603724938347.jpg

Last edited:
Back