• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Bino Harness | Whatcha got?

Pattywhacker

I'm going to be upgrading to the Leupold BX4's (10x42) after selling my Leupold Cascades. I've seen what Sitka, Kuiu and Alaska Guide Creations offers.

What are folks running with, pros cons?

I have the BX4's. Love them! I currently have the ALPS OutdoorZ Bino Harness X. I hunted with it all of last season. Overall, I like it. It is a little bit loud unless you are very diligent opening and closing it. I would love it if there was a pocket on the back (chest-facing) side for my cell phone. For the money, it is pretty solid.

Cheap cabellas one. Works fine. Comfortable all day.

I have an AGC Classic. I like it, but it squeaks when you walk around with certain binos if it's wet out. It's the type of fabric rubbing on the rubber coated binos.

Badlands Bino basics FX approach.. so far no complaints super lite and no neck strain or shoulder issues. Has the wide shoulder straps which make a big difference. I've wore it 5 to 6 hours at a time scouting and no issues.
a8959b1ff6f2753fcb4b215c62472dbc.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Fits range finder in one side pocket and wind checker on the other. Comfortable too.
dbb3a9cdb0520686b380f2de0a0b5e1e.png

Sent from parts unknown

I've had a Vortex harness for the last 3 years since my Cabela's harness broke. This is the strap only. I picked up a Horn Hunter Bino case in the off season to go with it. Have been out scouting a dozen times with the combination. Very happy so far - light weight and exceptionally easy to access.

I wish I was a headlight on a north-bound train

I think the biggest thing about any harness is its intent of use. I have a Horn Hunter harness for elk hunting with a range finder case and all the bells and whistles that is perfect for its purpose. keeps them handy and dry as you pursue but if you just want a lightweight harness to scout or shed hunt than it's way to heavy and overkill. If I'm carrying binos when deer hunting they go in my pack to be used once setup so I really don't want anything hanging on my neck on an all day sit.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
FHF. Low profile, quick quiet access, and can also hang outside the actual harness pocket if you’re using your binos frequently.

I have the bx4’s in 10x42 in an outdoor vision ridgetop harness size small. Works good

Another FHF Harness here. My binos live in there. I don’t wear them in the saddle. I remove shoulder straps and hang them from the webbing daisy chain that all of my other crap is hanging from.

Rick Young Bino Harness works for me.

I have a Rick Young Bino harness and love it. Ultra light weight and works exactly how I need it to. I will say the actual neoprene bino cover they sell leaves a bit to be desired. Only caveat is if you require more protection for your binos from rain, snow, etc. you will not get them from the RYO bino harness.

I've got the RYO harness as well and really like it. Used it all last season and it was great. I picked up the FHF I mentioned a few months ago and have used it scouting because whenever I was walking through really nasty stuff with the RYO harness my lenses would always be covered with water or crap from the woods. I'll put it back on once hunting season rolls around but for busting brush the full coverage harness is the way to go IMO.

I like my RickYoung for most scenarios. If I need protection I like the OV. I had a AGC KISS with the basement. I like the OV better than the AGC.

Another vote for RYO. Also use the neoprene cover. I went down the path of FHF, AGC etc but decided I didn’t want a pouch that cost as much as my glass. Also the RYO is very flexible with its configuration.

That being said if I had a $500-$1000 in my Binos then I’d reconsider.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back