• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Binocular chest pack

Loopwing

SH Member
I did a quick search and didn't come up with anything. I need to get a binocular chest pack. I have a harness and after walking through tall grass it breaks and falls into the eye pieces. Almost stabbed myself in the eye.
SO....which binocular bchest rigs are ya'll using and what do you like??? I will be buying something in the next couple of days. Thanks!!!

I did a quick search and didn't come up with anything. I need to get a binocular chest pack. I have a harness and after walking through tall grass it breaks and falls into the eye pieces. Almost stabbed myself in the eye.
SO....which binocular bchest rigs are ya'll using and what do you like??? I will be buying something in the next couple of days. Thanks!!!
Can you take the binocular case and rig a chest harness for it?

Not a good one. It would be to tight and a pain to try and get out of it. Right NOW. That is is why I liked the chest harness, they were right there on quick draw. I never look down, I just grab them and on my eyes. For some reason I looked down as I was coming to my eyes this time. It was a small branch that could have been very bad.

I have thr RMEF harness, I've used the vortex, and I'm dreaming of a fhf harness. I like my rmef, but its not awesome.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

I am fanboy of firstlite and meat eater so take it with a grain of salt. Picture is my current rig, its fine and it was cheap and it checked all boxes.
2157ff2937a34a5271e0278bef3dcd06.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

I made one of these. I don’t carry them for deer hunting, but I’ve got about 300 miles through the mountains with one of these and it works great.

Paired it with one of these to keep the crap out. Nice to help with sun too.

Depending on your climbing system, it may get in the way going up and down. Especially if you have the pocket in front for the rangefinder. I have AGC Vortex version and love it. But, I always debate whether to bring it or not especially in early season when all the leaves are up. I don’t have very many spots that I sit and can see very far. Last couple times I just threw them in my backpack for just in case. If I were to do it again, I might get an FHF with the rangefinder pocket off to the side, less obtrusive that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve been using the Kuiu Pro harness since last season and have been very happy with it. I have their rangefinder pouch right next to it. I wear it pretty much anytime I’m in the woods scouting or hunting.

It has small pockets on the left and right sides that my primary and backup hunting releases live in.

I one stick climb with it on my chest as well. Pricey but Kuiu makes some solid gear.

@Loopwing - I use the Badlands Bino XR and love it. I keep my Binocs, rangefinder, cell phone, license/tags, lensepen, writing pen, and a milkweed pod stored in it in easy reach at all times:

https://www.badlandsgear.com/products/bino-xr

If you want to buy American, there’s a good option that I learned about after buying my Badlands Bino XR (which is made in Vietnam). It’s by a company named Marsupial. I don’t have personal experience with it, but other saddle hunters on this forum have recommended it in other threads similar to this one, and the product is designed and made in the USA:

https://www.marsupialgear.com/coll...closed-binocular-pack?variant=32741227364438

Last edited:
Check out Alaska Guide Creations. Excellent quality bingo chest pack with harness. Carry’s my 10x42 Meoptas with ease. However, with saddle hunting I have moved from the chest pack and binos. I thought the chest pack and tether might interfere with each other. I have been planning to test it out, but haven’t gotten to it. I have also moved to a high quality MONOCULAR in an effort to reduce weight and bulk.

I use the Alaska Guide Creations harness. I believe mine is the Alaska Classic with MAX pocket. Very well made and laid out. Overall I really like the harness. It has the rangefinder pocket on the front which is convenient. However it is a little large for my particular binos. I should have gotten one size smaller. As I climb and sit in the saddle I remove my harness to free up space. It hangs just to the side in reach but out of the way on the tree. I particularly don't like the harness on as I climb down especially in the dark. I find that the harness impairs my ability to see below me well and not worth the risk since I use webbing aiders. I simply attach it to my rope and lower it with my bow.

Another vote for Alaska Guide Creations. I keep my Bushnells in it. I have my GPS and calls clipped to it, a compass and lighter in the pocket, and my rangefinder in a pouch on my draw side strap. Kind of a one-stop-shop for accessories I like to keep handy. Also looking at a kydex holster to attach to it.

I bought the Sitka Mountain Optics Harness this year. So far, I really like it. I had the Alps RMEF rig prior. It was OK, but too much noise. The Sitka is quieter and just has more room for stuff.

Another vote for the Kuiu Bino Harness. I have the basic version. You can cinch it down tight to your chest, and it does not move at all. Easy to access and keeps the eye pieces covered. When laying prone, it keeps the binoculars protected. Not the cheapest, but they are worth every penny to me. I have had mine for several years.

Depending on your climbing system, it may get in the way going up and down. Especially if you have the pocket in front for the rangefinder. I have AGC Vortex version and love it. But, I always debate whether to bring it or not especially in early season when all the leaves are up. I don’t have very many spots that I sit and can see very far. Last couple times I just threw them in my backpack for just in case. If I were to do it again, I might get an FHF with the rangefinder pocket off to the side, less obtrusive that way.

like Meatloaf said....."You took the words right out of my mouth"

My current solution is using a Rick Young neoprene bino cover to protect my optics in transit, and a $2 DIY Rick Young harness (shockcord + ITW SurMount Dual CordLoc). The neoprene cover is a bit noisy for bowhunting whitetails, so I ditch it once settled in my tree.

I love the FHF setup for still hunting, but I found it often got in the way when I was in a tree.

Back