• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

bitzenburger jigs- questions and price check?

thedutchtouch

SH Member
like the title says, I'm wondering about these things and seeing prices all over the place and dont want to make another used purchase error, so wondering what would you all purchase a used one for with the clamp included? ( the one i found is right helical if that affects price), 50? 100? just buy them new? (speaking of new, a followup silly question - 3 rivers sells them in left wing and right wing, and photos show the clamp on the jig https://www.3riversarchery.com/bitz...ybYrqpB94c0gPjA4eahsLooEXDCAiubbeeDXyou3tIr6w - is that just a different way of saying left helical/ right helical? (and then you use the corresponding wing feather to match the helical direction)?

edit: i think ive cleared this up that yes, thats what they mean, seems gohunt has them as well. 100 bucks new, the deal i found is ok then. this was likely too hasty of a thread i think some googling got me straightened out (or right helical'd out yuk yuk fletching jokes.)

diy fletching here i come (i think?)

Last edited:
i bought 5 on ebay for basically half price and have an offer in on one more. didnt see that @Red Beard let me go take a look, if this 6th one doesn't work out i may just stick with 5, may hit you up.

now to figure out feathers and glue...

Bought one new last summer, I’ve made about 5 dozen wood arrows on it, fletching tape and Duco cement, it’s great. I do need to take it apart and drill the aperture open a bit to take Bohning classic nocks without filing them down, the company said just go slow with the drill.

Edit: Drilled it out with a 1/2” bit on a hand drill, cleaned it up with a small curved file and sand paper, very simple mod.

Last edited:
Bought one new last summer, I’ve made about 5 dozen wood arrows on it, fletching tape and Duco cement, it’s great. I do need to take it apart and drill the aperture open a bit to take Bohning classic nocks without filing them down, the company said just go slow with the drill.
Does the AAE bitz knob solve this issue? I haven't used one, and I thought it was much less expensive but I've seen positive reviews. Just a thought

Does the AAE bitz knob solve this issue? I haven't used one, and I thought it was much less expensive but I've seen positive reviews. Just a thought

I’ve never seen that before, but I don’t think it would fix the issue. The Bohning Classic nocks have a very large index tab, that’s what hangs up and I’ve had to file down. I need to enlarge the opening on the jig itself to accommodate.

I've only got one Bitz, with a couple of clamps and indexing knobs. One thing I really like having is the vane alignment tool:

Very much a novice at arrow building so I fully recognize that experienced fletchers will probably view this as a useless gimmick. At least while I'm learning, I like using it.

I've only got one Bitz, with a couple of clamps and indexing knobs. One thing I really like having is the vane alignment tool:

Very much a novice at arrow building so I fully recognize that experienced fletchers will probably view this as a useless gimmick. At least while I'm learning, I like using it.
I was only really looking for one, but when I saw the chance to buy these for a good price I jumped on it. May re-home a few, not sure yet.

Well, the reason I was asking showed up today. I do like to dive right in. These were painted for some reason(externally, not inside the clamps) doesn't seem to affect function but I have a lot to learn. View attachment 83499
You could mount them on a lazy Susan and have a convenient production station. But the bow shop I go to has a dozen mounted to chunk of MDF shelving - using double-stick duct tape - so he can knock out dozen-shaft orders at a go, so I guess a lazy Suzan isn't really necessary unless you have space considerations.

You could mount them on a lazy Susan and have a convenient production station. But the bow shop I go to has a dozen mounted to chunk of MDF shelving - using double-stick duct tape - so he can knock out dozen-shaft orders at a go, so I guess a lazy Suzan isn't really necessary unless you have space considerations.
If I buy another or sell one I might do that, for now I'm just going to leave them on the chunk of 2x6 that they showed up on. Space considerations are a potential issue, but I won't have a dedicated archery bench for a while so being able to put them away until needed is a bigger concern than ease of use while fletching at the moment.

Back