• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Bluetooth Speaker stand help.

Camelcluch

SH Member
Okay guys, I drive a 2008 subie outback. The car doesn’t have Bluetooth and im too cheap to buy a new radio. I use a Bose Flex to listen to podcasts and music when nothing comes in. I need a little stand probably 3D printed. It will sit on the dash so it needs some stability. Can anyone help?
Dimensions for SoundLink Flex speaker:
3.6" H x 7.9" W x 2.1" D (1.3 lbs)

3m dual lock might be an easier and cheaper experiment. Start with a small amount as it holds really well, you can always increase the size of the pieces as needed.

Spartan mount makes/sells one for your speaker, just need a place to mount it to the dash/something else

No glue I want to take the speaker off the dash in the heat and shady Denver/Aurora.

Velcro maybe. It’s on a Stanley pick pad.

That Spartan mount might work if I can add a few feet to the bracket.

Thanks everyone!

No glue I want to take the speaker off the dash in the heat and shady Denver/Aurora.

Velcro maybe. It’s on a Stanley pick pad.

That Spartan mount might work if I can add a few feet to the bracket.

Thanks everyone!
3m dual lock is not a glue. It’s like Velcro but will hold better.

How are you wanting to mount this? Or what would you change about the spartan mount?

It just sits on top of my dash. The Spartan mount would need some feet to keep the speaker from rocking back and forth.
BF109357-9189-4CC4-9B6A-DD3264379BF7.jpeg

Something like this. Maybe not as good as my amazing sketch but it’s worth a try.

Last edited:
It just sits on top of my dash. The Spartan mount would need some feet to keep the speaker from rocking back and forth.
View attachment 83771

Something like this. Maybe not as good as my amazing sketch but it’s worth a try.
Well that makes a lot more sense that what I was thinking! Some days are a struggle lol

Thanks for everyone’s ideas and help. I ordered the Spartan mount and think with some help it will work. I used their $5 off email coupon. I’ll let you all know.

I know it's not the answer you're looking for, but if your stereo has an aux port you can plug one of these into it:

I paid like $15 for it and listen to podcasts in my work truck. Velcro to the dashboard, tucked the excess wire behind the plastic trim around the stereo. No regerts.

Oh yeah. I bet you do have an aux input hiding in your center console. Though I bet you also have a reason why that's not an option for you?

Back