• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

BOLO for suspicious vines!

Hannah Nyitrai

Shouldn't have climbed this tree. You'd think someone who is highly allergic to poison ivy would have noticed it. Sometimes you gotta laugh to keep from crying!

I selected a nice tree to climb a few weeks ago and it looked clean. I reached around to set up my climbing stick and grabbed a hairy vine. The only hairy vines up trees I have ever seen was poison ivy. Looking up further there were poison ivy leaves. I went back to the car and dumped a bottle of drinking water on my hands. I climbed another tree. When I got home I took a shower and scrubbed my hands real good. I didn't get poison ivy blisters but now I look all the way around a tree before climbing it.

My legs started to react before I could get to a cleaning station. I’ve had it before and seem to be more sensitive now. I’ve been on prednisone for 2 weeks now. Things have improved. Still a mess though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

View attachment 15199

I hate Poison Ivy. I live in one of the worst places in the world for it.

I'm like an hour north of you right now..... dam it. I can say I have been extremely lucky with PI. I've had guys that were right beside me break out terribly, while I had nothing. Poison Oak on the other hand.... Some lower life form thought it wise to dump a bunch of it in a community green dump and cover with some cedar trimmings. I went to dump my stuff and brushed a bit before noticing it. That was 2 years ago. I have a small scar on my leg from it.

What you doing up there? If your coming down by Brighton let me know. Love to me another Canuck saddler!

I'm just out by the Havelock Jamboree at a cottage. I've got family in Coddrington but not sure I'll have a chance to head to see them.

Cool. Have fun at the cottage.

Shall do. I was up earlier in the year but noticed you mentioned being really busy so figured I wouldn't try to meet up at that time.

I’m a commercial pilot and a single parent. I’m always busy. That said, if I’m not flying, I can usually find time.

My legs started to react before I could get to a cleaning station. I’ve had it before and seem to be more sensitive now. I’ve been on prednisone for 2 weeks now. Things have improved. Still a mess though.

Sounds miserable. I feel your pain. I'd like to say I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy, but I think it would be perfect for my worst enemy lol. Sounds like you're probably over the worst of it.

Ya I’m over the worst. It doesn’t bother me much now although every now and again my legs itch sumpin’ fierce! Then it passes.

Back