• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Booger Retrieval Device ?

Jrp333

Has anyone used this ?

Booger retrieval device

I saw it on the most recent Stags in the Wild YouTube video

Would love to hear the thoughts of someone else who’s used it .

Seams like it could be a life saver if you dropped your one stick if using that method

My solution for "fishing" for dropped stuff at the bottom of the tree. I carry one of these in a small plastic canister and attach it to the end of my pull up rope if I need to. I've caught (snagged) everything from hats and gloves to arrows, releases and cameras. Oh yeah, even a one stick.

1614708305848.png

My solution for "fishing" for dropped stuff at the bottom of the tree. I carry one of these in a small plastic canister and attach it to the end of my pull up rope if I need to. I've caught (snagged) everything from hats and gloves to arrows, releases and cameras. Oh yeah, even a one stick.

View attachment 45130
did you shave the barbs off of it?
a bit of cotton in the canister and i bet it doesnt rattle around either

did you shave the barbs off of it?
a bit of cotton in the canister and i bet it doesnt rattle around either
I haven't but it's just one of those things I've wanted to do and just never gotten around to. The one I'm using was actually scavenged from a river bottom so it's not in the sharpest condition. I actually wrap a small piece shipping of foam around the shank when I put it in the canister to keep it from rattling.

Has anyone used this ?

Booger retrieval device

I saw it on the most recent Stags in the Wild YouTube video

Would love to hear the thoughts of someone else who’s used it .

Seams like it could be a life saver if you dropped your one stick if using that method
Just ordered one. Supposed to be here Saturday. Weather permitting, I'll give it a try and let you know

This sounds snobbish, but how often do you guys drop stuff? I can't recall ever dropping anything other than maybe a water bottle. I can remember 2 times that happened in maybe 20 years of hunting up in trees. For me, an extra doo dad in case I drop my other doo dads seems silly.

Another win for the pac seat! Just lean over and pick up whatever I drop! ;)

I like the Gear Grappler too. I have used it to pull/trim limbs that were in my shooting lanes as well. Best part, it fits in my cargo pockets. You know the ole saying: I'd rather have it and not need it.........

Have a great day!

This sounds snobbish, but how often do you guys drop stuff? I can't recall ever dropping anything other than maybe a water bottle. I can remember 2 times that happened in maybe 20 years of hunting up in trees. For me, an extra doo dad in case I drop my other doo dads seems silly.

Another win for the pac seat! Just lean over and pick up whatever I drop! ;)
I've been known to drop multiple things in a single sit. :tearsofjoy: I'm estimating that I used my grapple successfully 5-10 times this year and had one occurrence where I couldn't fish it through the brush around the bottom of the tree so I had to remember to pick up my reading glasses after I climbed down.

Most of the time I'm inadvertently pulling gloves or a hat from my pack when I pull out my outer layers.

I already carry tooo much junk.. If I drop something, its probably something I haven;t used yet this year anyway.

Back