• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Boot dryer

PastorKen

There are plenty of variations of this on YouTube. Nothing original here, but pretty inexpensive and works great. I got the blow dryer for less than $3 from a thrift store. I used all 10 feet of a piece of 1 and 1/4 inch PVC and a few fittings. I blocked off the airflow to the legs by plugging the inside of the tubes. I didn’t glue it together. It’ll be easy to add extensions for drying out my waders.54D44DB4-EBBD-4519-8099-80746F87B24E.jpegB357CC90-50A8-4322-A4DA-B4B15919831E.jpeg

Be careful with that. Most boot dryers I've seen don't blow air. They just have a heating element and the warm air rises and circulates naturally. Drying boots too hot and too fast can cause problems.

Cool build though!

@Nutterbuster... Some of the more expensive boot dryers do have forced air. Plus, the air velocity is reduced big time by having 2 exhaust paths. I don’t run it on the hottest setting. I don’t run it all night either. Works really well.

@Nutterbuster... Some of the more expensive boot dryers do have forced air. Plus, the air velocity is reduced big time by having 2 exhaust paths. I don’t run it on the hottest setting. I don’t run it all night either. Works really well.
Good deal. I may look into building one myself. I built wader extensions for the one I have, but it takes a while to dry them out.

Cool idea but my boot dryer runs 24/7, 365. I put my shoes (whichever I wore that day) on my dryer every night. My shoes/boots last longer and never stink.

I built one w/a small squirrel cage blower and no heat. Only takes a few minutes to dry your boots and they don't smell. I also squirt a little powder into the intake on the blower and it goes throughout the boot. Nice job on yours.

I built one w/a small squirrel cage blower and no heat.
Yeah I was going to do that until I saw that blow dryer at the thrift store for $2 and change!
Also, are you a blacksmith? I was a farrier for a few years and did a little forging also. I was an apprentice for a while with a master blacksmith in Louisville. He could make anything with the forge. It was like watching a magician!

Very cool,you could add 2 more tees and some more pipe and dry two pair.

Yeah I was going to do that until I saw that blow dryer at the thrift store for $2 and change!
Also, are you a blacksmith? I was a farrier for a few years and did a little forging also. I was an apprentice for a while with a master blacksmith in Louisville. He could make anything with the forge. It was like watching a magician!
Very cool,you could add 2 more tees and some more pipe and dry two pair.

I am a blacksmith. Have been for 24 yrs. And yes it is like magic just watching steel mold into something useful. I like the idea of no heat inside the boot, just moving air. They really dry in just a few minutes because of the volume of air.

Back