• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Boot squeaking on painted gear.

stone1

Hey guys,

I'm usually not one to paint my gear, I decided to do it on a platform and it looks great. But with wet boots, I'm getting some good squeaks. Is there anything I can apply or use to get rid of the squeaking? Or am I better off just stripping the paint?

Hey guys,

I'm usually not one to paint my gear, I decided to do it on a platform and it looks great. But with wet boots, I'm getting some good squeaks. Is there anything I can apply or use to get rid of the squeaking? Or am I better off just stripping the paint?
Are you sure it’s the paint that’s making it squeak? My boots squeak on my ring of steps when they get wet because they’re rubber boots. Once they dry off it’s not an issue

Are you sure it’s the paint that’s making it squeak? My boots squeak on my ring of steps when they get wet because they’re rubber boots. Once they dry off it’s not an issue

Yes, I have two of the same platforms. The standard cast is fine, the painted one squeaks badly.

I just did the edge rap with Paracord on mine. I heard no squeaks. Also noise reduction for setting it up.

What is the metal? Aluminum or steel? I'm guessing aluminum. If thats the case, then painting was strictly for camo purposes, which is fine but there is no reason to camo the surface where your boots contact. Paint the bottom, the posts, etc but the foot surface doesn't need paint.

Back