• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Bought a saddle so decided I'd finally join

sconnieVLP

I've been lurking for a while reading everything I can while contemplating getting a saddle. Tried a few out and ended up ordering a TX5 Lonestar and some of their 8MM Rescue Tech ropes for my tether and lineman's belt back in October, got it at the beginning of December and have been tinkering with it when I can. Also picked up a Cruzr Mini-Seeker to pair the saddle with. I have a set of Lone Wolf sticks and and Skeletors that I have been using with my hang-ons, but figuring out how I like everything set once I'm up the tree has been taking some time.

So far I've just been practicing shooting out of it and haven't taken it out hunting yet.

Currently stationed/living in Virginia but originally from Wisconsin and try to get back to hunt there as much as I can.

Welcome from northern Michigan! Sounds like you're approaching the saddle journey right, keep practicing and enjoy!

Back