• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Bow Holder/Sling.....

dalton916

SH Member
If you use one, which one is it and would you recommend it? Basically, if you use one then start typing.

I have used/tried 3. The NAP Apache, worked for a while, with my newer bow (realm) has wider limbs and it I had the Velcro connections fall off. It doesn’t protect string either, but it’s decent for narrower limb bows and super compact to stow away later, etc.

Next was the primos neoprene, on my wider cams it was super tight to put on, have it to my friend, maybe better with narrower cams and not wide yokes like bowtech.

What I have now is the Allen quick fit. I like it, fits easily, secured easily, sling shoulder strap seems fine. Has a handle in the middle. I often carry my bow by the string so I really like the handle. And it protects the string. My favorite currently.

Happy hunting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anything out there for a 36” ata bow?

I have always used a primos sling...first cloth, then neoprene. Wanting to try
this year. Local archery shop has/uses them and they love them. I’ve actually had the primos sling cost me a shot at a nice buck when walking in. Not having to take the sling off of the bow, but maintaining the ability to comfortably carry the bow on long hikes is a nice feature.

Anything out there for a 36” ata bow?

The NAP will fit any, not sure about primos but I doubt it. The Allen says up to 40, so 36 plus cams it’s a maybe, fits my 32 easily but I’m not home to get a better measurement for you

http://www.thirdhandarchery.com/product.asp?PRODID=4

I use this 3rd hand archery hip clip. I like it except for the fact that you hang your bow from the string in the same area that the d loop is. It untied my d loop last year. I am going to try to figure out a way to hang this from my backpack this year so that I don't have it hanging from my neck.
JJ

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

I use an old Allen bow sling. It has a pocket on each end and it buckles around the cam of the bow. I really like it and it is easily adjustable.

I have had my eye on the limbsaver Kodiak air sling. I may purchase one. I like how it buckles around the riser.

I have been thinking if @Anobody can make one that can clip to my riser and be super easy adjustable. I want to be able to carry it fairly loose and then when I start to climb I wand to flip it more on my back and tighten it up so it stays one cam up high on my shoulder

I've been contemplating a SITKA sling. Just hasn't made it to the top of my very long 'wish list' yet.

Walking out in the dark, it would be nice to have a sling to keep both hands free.

My ideal would have a strap for shoulder carry as well as the ability to carry it on my pack. I think parallel limbs mandate that a cover must connect to the riser if it is going to be used for shoulder carry.

I have what "I'm There" has. It works great and is cost effective. Protects your cams too. I like it because it has "d" rings on both ends of the "cam pockets" which enable you to hook your hoist to it at ground level. I also like that the cloth and cushioned cam covers protect your bow from ground debris if/when you lay it down or set it against your tree while climbing up to hunting height.

Thanks swhacker. I need one to protect my strings. I dont know what exactly is going on but my strings fray way too quick. 2 sets of strings/cables in 2 seasons. Not cheap or easy to get installed where I live.

Allen bow sling, shoulder strap, carry handle, protects cams and strings, buckle that goes around the bow grip so it cant fall off. Oh and I did a test sit with gear in the yard tonight, I pulled the strap off the sling once up the tree and it worked pretty well as a back support. Ran it under my armpits and through my carabiner on my tether.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Back