• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Bow holder what cha using?

Jimmy Wallhanger

I always had a third hand archery one attached to my stands. Worked very well.

Now I'm trying to decide on what to use. Had my eye on a Hawk bow holder but have concerns about having to move around the tree and having an arm sticking out 8".

What are you guys using?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

I love my hawk bow holder, I like that it positions my bow a bit off the tree and is easily reachable and movable if I want to reposition.
Thanks for the reply. Which bow holder are you using from Hawk?

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

I like the hardware store screw in J hook. What I like is cheap, simple, replaceable, and has a deeper hook. I had a hawk extendable hook and what I didn't like most was how shallow the hook was. If I slipped, swung around, bumped my bow in any way it could easily get knocked off and fall to its death.

I use the smaller one with one extension arm. I rarely ever extend it. I mainly use it for my longbow but it works great for the compound too. And it doesn’t effect my tether moving around because it’s high enough.41BC6757-E71D-4E4B-B21F-C4F01F75D320.png

I put my bow holder on my strong side about 4-5 inch’s below my tether. When I rotate around my tether wraps the tree usually below my holder. Hopefully that makes sense

I’ve seen those a few times and would like to try one but I’m not sure I’d like it since I’m using a longbow most of the time.

Rubber dipped lag screw.
I mostly do bolts for climbing and bore a couple extra holes hole for lags. One for my bow and sometimes another for my pack, or other stuff. The coarse threads ALMOST slide into the hole but is loose enough to screw it in with fingers...its just perfectly tight enough in the 3/8" hole so it won't accidentally fall out. And it was cheap.

Last edited:
I have the short Hawk screw in, love it for my compound. I also use the Hawk hook with a s-biner for hooking on my G-2 esque? gear strap. I have to say i like them both.

I have the small Hawk screw in too. Definitely a night and day difference from those $1 screw-ins. Takes minimal effort to get started.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still haven't decided what I like. I have the Uslide mini, The Hawk bow arm, Cliptor, I've used a screw in tree step, and the little screw in Hawk hooks. I haven't had a chance to try the Uslide mini yet. I'll figure it out this off season.

I use the smaller hawk one that @Oakridge posted. I like that alot. I like my bow being off the tree but at times use other options also. I always have a qliptor in my pack in case, screw in hawk hooks also.

I use the smaller hawk one that @Oakridge posted. I like that alot. I like my bow being off the tree but at times use other options also. I always have a qliptor in my pack in case, screw in hawk hooks also.
I do have a small adjustable hawk bow hanger in my pack. It works great if I use my crossbow it keeps it away from the tree.

I use the screw in hawk when and where legal and when im on public land and cant puncture the tree i use the hawk hookster360 or i have a small length of paracord prusic knot on my tether that i put a regular hawk hookster to. The hookster 360 is nice because i can rotate the hook if i need to and it also has longer gear wire to go around branches if need be.

Back