• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Bow tuning

Davis21

How many times would you use a micro tune arrow rest? Is it worth the price difference?

I don’t use it much other than initial setup, but boy I like it for that. Imo it’s worth it, but I’d guess many disagree.

It makes setup a little easier. I'm probably not a good person to ask, because I've set enough of then up that I can finagle a $30 whisker biscuit where I want it to be without too much hassle.

I wouldn't deliberately seek one out, but I'd by lying if I said they weren't nice when you have to use the adjustments.

All depends on if you're turning your own wrenches, and how often you plan on doing that.

I would do all my bow stuff if I had a press. Bow shop is going to install peep and sight and tune up initially. I do like to swap back and forth between 3D arrows and hunting. Think I have my broad heads that I want to run for a while. May play around with vanes and inserts. Given those variables would it make sense to have microtune, or would I really use it after initial install?

I would do all my bow stuff if I had a press. Bow shop is going to install peep and sight and tune up initially. I do like to swap back and forth between 3D arrows and hunting. Think I have my broad heads that I want to run for a while. May play around with vanes and inserts. Given those variables would it make sense to have microtune, or would I really use it after initial install?
Kind of depends on what two you arrows you are running. If they are the same diameter or not etc.

Swapping between arrows is usually a PIA if you ask me. I used to think micro tune was better cause they were more $ and had to be better but really nothing special. Take your time and make small adjustments and it’s not needed. Always a good idea to mark your final settings I.e. silver sharpie or pencil.

Kind of depends on what two you arrows you are running. If they are the same diameter or not etc.

I’ve yet to see to different arrows even same diameter tune exactly the same. Shoot one arrow or get two bows:)

I couldn't survive without my press

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Not really it’s not hard to move rest. Still gonna be just as much fiddling to swap between tunes just my experience. To each their own tho.

Back