• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Bowmar nose button

Treehopper2

SH Member
Has anyone tried the Bowmar nose button for hunting?
I first saw it and thought that’s a gimmick and I don’t need it.
I was wrong and wish I had this little device years ago.
Very repeatable anchor point and I don’t see me not using one from here on out.
I shot competitive 3D archery for 30 years and have won on a national level and always thought my form was rock solid with just my nose touching the string for reference but the nose button points out very slight pressure differences that effect accuracy.
The best thing for me is I no longer use a peep to hunt with so the nose button really gives me the confidence in the moment of truth I’m anchored properly without really thinking about it.
They are like $15.99 easy to install and it’s worth every penny imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For the guys that currently use one there are two different ones that come in the package which one do you prefer for hunting ?

I thought the smaller one would be fine, but my nose can get a little numb in the cold weather and I do feel the larger one better, that’s what I settled on.

I have been thinking about trying it out. Question for you folks: do you still use a peep and a kisser button as well as the Bowmar? Seems like a lot of extra stuff on the bowstring. That said, if accuracy is the goal, then what does it really matter...

Added one this spring & love it!! It helps cure some form flaws that can happen at the moment of truth. Sometimes in a saddle you can get twisted up & lose a little form. Nice to have the extra reference.

Shooting standjng on the ground under 30 yards, no discernible difference. Shooting in funky positions in a tree or out to 100 yards, material improvement. He’s a goober but it’s a great idea.

I have a big nose so I use the big one.

I have been thinking about trying it out. Question for you folks: do you still use a peep and a kisser button as well as the Bowmar? Seems like a lot of extra stuff on the bowstring. That said, if accuracy is the goal, then what does it really matter...

I don’t use a peep or kisser button I let the nose button set my anchor point .
I find this the simplest system for hunting distances and low light situations.

I have the small one on my bow. I have a sliding pin sight, so you have to get used to it changing position on your nose as you move from close to long ranges (I practice out to 70 yards). (this is gripe I have about sliding pin sights, to keep the sight housing centered in the peep you have to move anchor slightly)

At first, it hurt my shooting because it was making me overthink my shot process. Now, it is starting to help again. The large one change the position of my head to my string by enough to change POI slightly at longer ranges.

Last edited:
This year I used the nose button with a single pin with no peep and LOVED it. Shot a caribou at 83 yards and three bucks from the saddle. Worked perfectly and I won’t be changing anytime soon. I shoot very accurately out to 100 with this setup.

I use the smaller one. It’s a really nice anchor point. Release position on face, nose button, and peep makes three really solid anchor points. I’ve enjoyed using it and recommend it to everyone who brings me their rig to tune and work on

I ditched my peep after it twisted sideways and cost me a shot this year.

DIY nose button: cut a bit off the empty plastic tube inside a bic pen. Slice it lengthwise. Cut small slices all the way around one end so they fold back and open like a flower. Slip it over your string using the lengthwise cut. Adjust position to preference, serve into place (you can do that with dental floss). Can use fingernail clippers to sharpen the "flower petals" if you want.

I did have to quit using a face mask so my nose isn't pressed down against my face (tight mask) and I could feel the button with my nose (thick mask). Also had to learn rock solid anchor point placement (my knuckle barely touching my earlobe) for shot consistency, and a mask over my ears interferes with that too. Guess I'm a face paint guy now.

I'm accurate with this anchor and my pins out to 40y, haven't tried further.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Back