• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Brand new to the saddle world

Scottstepp1124

Howdy. My name is Scott and im from central texas. Well i would like to get into saddle hunting this year. I already use a summit goliath climber but it is big and bulky and would like something to be able to move around with easier. Problem is is that i am 6'6 about 285 pounds. And have no clue which saddle and platform to buy. Any suggestions?

Welcome aboard from Western NY! Take your time and look around on this site. There are some very experienced and smart guys on this site and they will be willing to help you. Also see if you can find a fellow saddle hunter in your area who can help show you the ropes so to speak. I’m a newbie myself and have been fortunate to touch base with an experienced saddle hunter in my area. Good luck and happy hunting!

Appreciate the reply. Yea ive been reading as much as i can through this site. Read alot of helpful stuff. Ive been leaning towards the flex 2. And maybe the predator platform. But i have size 15 shoes and not sure if platform is big enough. lol.

I’m about your size 6’6” 299, I’ll tell you I prefer the kite over the flex. But everyone is different, I haven’t found a platform I love, tried everything but OOAL. If I use sticks then too of stick & ros. Or LWHC then that as platform. I agree it’s best to find someone relatively close & check out they’re setup.

Welcome aboard. As others have said take your time, and you’ll find the right system that works for you.

Well i ordered the KITE. Said its a 10 week lead time before it ships. Lol. Hell i might forget ive ordered it before i get it

Back