• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Briar Pants

HunterBob

Planning to do some hog hunting in the next few weeks since we have a coyote season that basically allows you to hunt hogs as well. Some of the areas I know the hogs like are full of briar patches.

What have others used for briar pants to help avoid getting your legs torn up? Looking for something inexpensive but that will still hold up to the thick nasty stuff.

Planning to do some hog hunting in the next few weeks since we have a coyote season that basically allows you to hunt hogs as well. Some of the areas I know the hogs like are full of briar patches.

What have others used for briar pants to help avoid getting your legs torn up? Looking for something inexpensive but that will still hold up to the thick nasty stuff.

I like snake chaps. Serves to purposes for me and I found some pretty cheap online a couple years back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: WHW

These are what I have

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I picked up a pair from Cabelas when they were on sale, they have held up great so far.

Dan's has some good stuff. Ive used their chest waders for three seasons of beaver trapping around beaver punji sticks, briars, barbwire and multiflora rose and so far only a small run on the outer layer.

Wrangler Riggs with the double knee are good too.

Back