• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Bridge loop stops

Pooh

This was not my idea, but want to share it. I used a 5 wrap whipping knot around the bridge loop to hold the bridge in place. Now I have not had a bunch of time sitting in it since doing this. As long as the knot gets pulled tight and dressed up decently they are pretty streamline and stay in place well. The concept is the same as the Tethrd Phantoms channels.
f1ccf64e5c5d8a0a21150ebc528f6694.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Cool idea. But never used my micro adjusters. I just felt it always putting pressure where it wasn’t needed. Seems to me if your bridge ends are loose like mine (carabiners), then where ever you slide the saddle under your butt, then the carabiners slide on the bridge loop to a position where they equal out the pressure of the top and bottom strap of the saddle. Maybe with a girth hitched bridge on the bridge straps it’s not allowing it to slide freely, that’s why y’all are needing to position it. It just got me thinking. I had made my own bridge for my kestrel at a fixed length and attached with 2 carabiners. Always had my micro adjusters loose because any adjustment on it would make the saddle have more pressure on one end. Then I got a mantis with the fixed bridge and I hated it. Put my fixed bridge with 2 carabiner attachment points from my Kestrel on it and it was a lot better. Maybe having a bridge that is free to find its own spot is the secret, instead of having to move it to where it wants to be because it’s restricted to move on its own.
Just a thought. Seems right because I do notice they are in different locations on the bridge loops depending on where I have it under my butt. I better hurry and patent this idea. Free moving bridge. Game changer!
Adjustable bridge loops points are just a fix to friction bridge ends.

Cool idea. But never used my micro adjusters. I just felt it always putting pressure where it wasn’t needed. Seems to me if your bridge ends are loose like mine (carabiners), then where ever you slide the saddle under your butt, then the carabiners slide on the bridge loop to a position where they equal out the pressure of the top and bottom strap of the saddle. Maybe with a girth hitched bridge on the bridge straps it’s not allowing it to slide freely, that’s why y’all are needing to position it. It just got me thinking. I had made my own bridge for my kestrel at a fixed length and attached with 2 carabiners. Always had my micro adjusters loose because any adjustment on it would make the saddle have more pressure on one end. Then I got a mantis with the fixed bridge and I hated it. Put my fixed bridge with 2 carabiner attachment points from my Kestrel on it and it was a lot better. Maybe having a bridge that is free to find its own spot is the secret, instead of having to move it to where it wants to be because it’s restricted to move on its own.
Just a thought. Seems right because I do notice they are in different locations on the bridge loops depending on where I have it under my butt. I better hurry and patent this idea. Free moving bridge. Game changer!
Adjustable bridge loops points are just a fix to friction bridge ends.
You might well be right with this @swampsnyper. With my Mantis I swap out from the fixed bridge after climbing to my adjustable lineman's belt with biner's on both ends. I do this primarily to get a longer bridge to move the biner out from under my face so I can lean forward. For me though, the saddle stays put better and fits more comfortably when the bridge attachments are free to find their own position.

This was not my idea, but want to share it. I used a 5 wrap whipping knot around the bridge loop to hold the bridge in place. Now I have not had a bunch of time sitting in it since doing this. As long as the knot gets pulled tight and dressed up decently they are pretty streamline and stay in place well. The concept is the same as the Tethrd Phantoms channels.

Sorry for highjacking your thread. Cool mod!

Thanks for the idea ! Do you use the knot on the bridge to tighten the loop ?

Thank you for sharing the mod. I plan to try it on my saddle. I would get a lot of hip pinch last season when my bridge would slide up and pull on the top of the loops. When I moved my bridge lower on my loops, the hip pinch would go away and my saddle was very comfortable. It wouldn't stay like and slide up again. Some days I seemed to spend the entire time adjusting my saddle. Hopefully this mod helps.

Back