• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Bridge options

Davis21

Which do you prefer for a bridge and why? Amsteel or webbing?

Haven’t tried webbing but have been happy with the Amsteel bridge on my mantis. I am currently trying out and adjustable bridge with a 1/4” amsteel woopie sling. I have yet to do an extended sit in it though.

I had a mantis with amsteel and now a kestrel with tubular webbing. I currently have amsteel on the way for a new bridge. Just seemed much more fluid to me.

I use a hybrid bridge/tether similar to @Nutterbuster. It consists of 7' of 1" climb spec tube webbing, a austrialpin frame release d ring, 3.5" of climb spec tube webbing and two wire gate beiners. (I'm aware of the safety issue with the the wire gates, but they work for me and are rate at 22kn, I choose this for my set as I am constantly aware of my loading). Its ultra light, easy to pack very adjustable and simply works for me.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/184625207@N07/
20191027_115939 | by michael.p.davis170
https://www.flickr.com/photos/184625207@N07/with/48968731892/

From another thread I posted in..
I have my bridge at roughly 3'.

To note: either option is going to work and work well. I choose webbing because its readily available near me without having to order it online. Plain and simple. Both are easily attainable, both hold up well through use. Price points are relatively close but webbing is cheaper. You really wont be gaining any advantage by using one or the other.

Is there a place to buy pre made adjustable webbing bridges? DanO maybe?

Back