• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Broadheads

Steelforce 225gr Traditional. Super sharp out of the package, true 3:1 solid blade, reasonable price, what's not to love? Haven't shot a deer with them yet so the final verdict is still out.

Shooting the bear paw jagers 175. Old school grizzly 175 and assorted tree sharks and some razor caps 200 and 250s have several bows set up for this year. Goal is to kill several deers with different heads

Shooting Magnus Stinger 150 grains with 50 grain inserts. Seriously considering going heavier setup. I know it’s late in the game but opener isn’t until early October and I don’t hunt very much before the end of October and from then on it’s every single opportunity including a weeks vacation early November. A couple of the single bevels I’m keeping my eyes on as well as the Simmons and wanted to know anyone’s experience with them. Been checking out the Helix, Kudus, and the Simmons so far. Current setup I’m shooting 500 grain Goldtip Traditionals out of a 48# Tolke Pika. If and when I do switch, either this year or next, I’m thinking GT Traditional Classics and would like to get at or around 600 grains.

I am still sticking with the last few 100gr 3 blade rage broadheads I have, I wish they still made them, I am not that big of a fan of their 2 blade models, but I have killed about 200 animals with the old 3 blades, I have never had a deflection or failure to deploy. I have actually killed 2 sika does with 1 shot with them. I have hung small pigs up on the hoist and seen daylight through them after shooting them with a 3 blade rage. Dang shame they discontinued them. I have a bunch of old ones that I have rebuilt. I know some folks don't like expandables, but I have a long track record with them and really believe in them!

Shooting Magnus Stinger 150 grains with 50 grain inserts. Seriously considering going heavier setup. I know it’s late in the game but opener isn’t until early October and I don’t hunt very much before the end of October and from then on it’s every single opportunity including a weeks vacation early November. A couple of the single bevels I’m keeping my eyes on as well as the Simmons and wanted to know anyone’s experience with them. Been checking out the Helix, Kudus, and the Simmons so far. Current setup I’m shooting 500 grain Goldtip Traditionals out of a 48# Tolke Pika. If and when I do switch, either this year or next, I’m thinking GT Traditional Classics and would like to get at or around 600 grains.
You can easily 600 grains if you do 400 spine gold tips traditional xt because they have a 80 grain insert your well on your way specially with a 175 grain head plus. I’m shooting those this year out of a 49# longbow and I have 610grains for that setup and Simmons broadheads cut a nasty nasty hole. You won’t be disappointed

I am still sticking with the last few 100gr 3 blade rage broadheads I have, I wish they still made them, I am not that big of a fan of their 2 blade models, but I have killed about 200 animals with the old 3 blades, I have never had a deflection or failure to deploy. I have actually killed 2 sika does with 1 shot with them. I have hung small pigs up on the hoist and seen daylight through them after shooting them with a 3 blade rage. Dang shame they discontinued them. I have a bunch of old ones that I have rebuilt. I know some folks don't like expandables, but I have a long track record with them and really believe in them!

I'm not shooting any mechanical head from my recurve. I'm hoping you posted in the wrong subforum.

If many you guys want more arrow weight grab some tubes from 3 rivers and easily add 50 to 75 more grains to your shaft. I remember years ago when carbon first came out a lot of us guys would add aquarium tubing to our arrows to get the added weight since there wasn’t many choices of heads and weighted inserts back then. Would blow thru deer like butter just another way to skin a cat so to speak

If many you guys want more arrow weight grab some tubes from 3 rivers and easily add 50 to 75 more grains to your shaft. I remember years ago when carbon first came out a lot of us guys would add aquarium tubing to our arrows to get the added weight since there wasn’t many choices of heads and weighted inserts back then. Would blow thru deer like butter just another way to skin a cat so to speak

What does that do to your spine? Does it make the arrow act a little stiffer?

Back