• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Buck cave i found pretty cool spot

Good find! Great breakdown. Those mature bucks don't usually bust out like does do, they get up and slip away without hardly a sound, just like you pointed out.

man you can realy see through the woods. feel like i would have to climb a tree just to hide.its flat and open too could actualy use a range finder there.you would never see a mature blacktail buck in an open area like that.white tails are bigger too.i need to get over the rockies man getin jelll...usss

Your on to sumthin'.

Once you start thinking like an old sneaky buck it becomes a chess match. I love that part!
The part that sucks is when another hunter finds your spot. Any haphazard bowhunter will oftentimes turn 'your' buck nocturnal or he'll move to the neiboring property...
Once an old buck thinks you or anyone else is in there after him the game switches to his favor 100 fold.

man you can realy see through the woods. feel like i would have to climb a tree just to hide.its flat and open too could actualy use a range finder there.you would never see a mature blacktail buck in an open area like that.white tails are bigger too.i need to get over the rockies man getin jelll...usss
Thats why he is bedding there he can watch out in front of him peoples entry ways. Then he goes out the back door

Then he goes out the back door

That's where you need to take a look. His back yard...
If he knows that other dude is in there (and you know the other dude is in there too) you shouldn't waste your time hunting in that tree you pointed out. It's too close, and if that is a MATURE buck he ain't gonna come out that way in daylight hours knowing what he knows.

If he knows that other dude is in there (and you know the other dude is in there too) you shouldn't waste your time hunting in that tree you pointed out. It's too close, and if that is a MATURE buck he ain't gonna come out that way in daylight hours knowing what he knows.
Noted bro thanks. I gotta be careful going that back door on him. But i think its doable
Thanks for the advice.

I was really only hunt this few times early season see whats going on and sneak in to that tree.
not much pressure in there til mid October.
thinking with all that tall grass early season they will move through there early

Back