• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Buck down in Kentucky!

flinginairos

Vendor Rep
Last night I was blessed to harvest my first full velvet whitetail on Kentucky public land. The way this hunt worked out was just so cool. I spotted a buck walking across the public land parking lot before daylight yesterday morning. I checked the map and found a small patch of brush surrounded by crop fields and a small water hole right in the middle. The perfect “overlooked” spot. At lunch I snuck in and checked for sign and found what I was looking for. In 95 degree heat I setup on the edge of the beans in a knarly leaning tree with tons of cover around me on the best travel route I could find leading to an isolated corner of a bean field not 60 yards from my truck. Right before dark this buck came in quick behind me and when I saw his velvet rack my heart started pumping! At 14 yards I hit a little high but it got the job done. Another awesome adventure!
f360e6525af1f86123da9855e14d068a.jpg
5afbc8e0ae54d4fd6c90de19ebbac444.jpg
d958afee769531dd51f6183b9b47765b.jpg
6722129c9182d83e08f81c71a0853e78.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s just awesome! Great start to the season, and great story. Beautiful deer!!!!!

Congrats. Very jealous. I've always wanted to get one in velvet.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Congrats on getting it done so early. Did you video the hunt?

Very nice! Congratulations on a beautiful public land fuzzy head!

Pretty sweet when the deer follow the killing plan properly

Cool velvet buck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great way to start the season! Congratulations

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Wow public land, going in blind, shooting a nice deer like that. Congrats that is really difficult.

Back