• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Budget quiver options

Matki15

Finally decided the only way I’ll get serious about traditional was to jump right in and complete my setup. Have a one piece Samick sage that needs a quiver but I can’t bring myself to spend $100 on a selway or similar for such a budget bow. Does anyone have any recommendations, or even possibly a way to DIY one? I wouldn’t mind tinkering with a project like that

Eagles Flight Archery. They have 2 arrow quiver starting at $30 and 4 arrow quivers starting at $60. I have two and love them. Plus, the owners are great to deal with.

These will hold just a 2-blade BH?

The Mesa quivers are for two blades but the rest of them will hold any broadhead. I had three 3 blade broadheads in the standard hood but, it is tight. The jumbo hood is probably better for bigger broadheads.

Wonder if they make the single blade hood just as a cover/protector, to put over a single blade BH that could then be safely put in a back side quiver.
Maybe I'll reach out to them. Speaking of that, who makes a nice back quiver, that will fit over light or heavy jacket? One geared toward hunting not out on the range shooting.

Have a look at the old "Kwikee Quiver", the Sage has the mounting holes (2 threaded inserts) that will accept the mounting bracket, opposite side of the sight window
It is very easy to take the quiver on and off, I always remove it in the tree to eliminate any potential noise from the feathers scraping against something.

Wonder if they make the single blade hood just as a cover/protector, to put over a single blade BH that could then be safely put in a back side quiver.
Maybe I'll reach out to them. Speaking of that, who makes a nice back quiver, that will fit over light or heavy jacket? One geared toward hunting not out on the range shooting.
What hand I got a nice back quiver I made couple years ago that holds my spare arrows now never used it it’s a lefty but easily can convert to rh

Finally decided the only way I’ll get serious about traditional was to jump right in and complete my setup. Have a one piece Samick sage that needs a quiver but I can’t bring myself to spend $100 on a selway or similar for such a budget bow. Does anyone have any recommendations, or even possibly a way to DIY one? I wouldn’t mind tinkering with a project like that
Boomshakalaka
20210805_140316.jpg

Your quiver type substance is offensive in its whiteness. But by golly looks like it would work. What's the saying...necessity is the precursor to an intervention. :D
Oh it totally worked and was dead silent at the shot. Probably would have hit it with spray pant if v2.0 didn't transpire. :D

Oh it totally worked and was dead silent at the shot. Probably would have hit it with spray pant if v2.0 didn't transpire. :D
Yeah, I bet you could have trimmed it down a good bit more and wrapped with vet tape and been golden. Esp., if you slotted to top to hold a 2 blade head so that it wasnt exposed.

Yeah, I bet you could have trimmed it down a good bit more and wrapped with vet tape and been golden. Esp., if you slotted to top to hold a 2 blade head so that it wasnt exposed.
Didn't think about vet tape!!! V3.0 may be in the works ;)

@GCTerpfan won't be able to jab ol vet tape :)

Back